Newbie question on Batteries

fanofhoyt

FNG
This is my first year trying out Trail Cameras for my elk hunt, so I got a very basic question. I just bought 3 Moultrie TRACE premise cameras. I know they aint the best but I can upgrade in the future. So the manual says that any AA akaline or Lithiums will do. I talked to the manufacturer and they recommended not to buy anything that says "longer lasting". They said that those batteries tend to cause a delay in the camera waking up when the sensor picks up on movement and you can miss some pics. Is the price of the Lithiums really worth it. Do you guys notice a huge difference in performance based on the types of batteries you use?

kpk

WKR
I only use Duracell in my cams now. I've used numerous brands and they've definitely lasted the longest in mine (primos and stealth). Going with lithium probably depends more on how much you want to spend and how many cameras you have eating batteries. I always set mine up to do the burst shots and that seems to work well. Never really had problems with cameras until it gets cold--like 20 degrees and below.