Nightofrce NX8 4-32x50 SFP. Where is the infamous tight eyebox?

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
I am no expert in such deep details but I have heard that the exit pupil doesn't represent a good paramenter to understand the eyebox alone..

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
If you like the scope so much, why are you asking exactly? Who cares if somebody else has issues with the “eye box”, if you don’t, and you like it, keep on shooting and hunting with it.

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
If you like the scope so much, why are you asking exactly? Who cares if somebody else has issues with the “eye box”, if you don’t, and you like it, keep on shooting and hunting with it.
Of course, that's what i will do. I explained in the previous page why i posted this thread :)

ChrisAU

WKR
I am no expert in such deep details but I have heard that the exit pupil doesn't represent a good paramenter to understand the eyebox alone..

It is 2 of the 3 axis on which you can physically measure it, 100% of the horizontal and vertical movement. So it’s a pretty significant indicator. Eye relief is the 3rd, which would be the forward and aft movement allowed with a full sight picture.

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
It is 2 of the 3 axis on which you can physically measure it, 100% of the horizontal and vertical movement. So it’s a pretty significant indicator. Eye relief is the 3rd, which would be the forward and aft movement allowed with a full sight picture.
Eye relief is the distance from the ocular lens qhere the exit pupil is. Unless it is written as a interval (for example 9mm-9.5mm) it doesn't tell you anything about eyebox, it tells you how much clearance there is between the eye and the scope when looking through the scope! And also the interval of the eye relief should be indicated for any magnification or you can extrapolate how
It reduces when cranking up the magnification with a formula?
Your comment on exit pupil was very interesting, I never looked into those details before! Thanks

OP
ssimo

ssimo

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t understand how the reticle is “unusable” at 4x with illumination.
I don't think i have ever said it is "unusable", just not ideal. Also for shooting with low light. Yes, the illumination can help, assuming the reticle illumination is properly done. Anyway, this is another variable i don't think i need to think about and i don't want to rely on the illumination feature so much. To each their own i guess! As i said, both FFP and SFP scopes are good to go for almost any situation, the fact that they can not be ideal is another thing