Nikon Monarch 5 20x56

visage

Lil-Rokslider
I recently upgraded from my old Leupolds to a set of Nikon HG 10x42s and couldn't be happier. On a recent late season elk hunt I was able to spend some time behind my cousin's Swaro 15x56 SLCs, and am now looking into 15s for myself. As I was researching cheaper options I came across the Nikon Monarch 5s in 16x56 and 20x56, however I haven't come across many reviews. I know these are a lower tier than my HGs and don't expect the same quality, but was curious if anyone could speak to them. I was considering picking some up as they can be had for $500-$600 as a stepping stone to something nicer (used swaros/meoptas/etc). Are they worth the money or if I should hold off and save my money for something better? Also curious if anyone can speak to the 20x vs the 16x (or 15x) power for hunting. I'm curious if the trade off in FOV is worth the extra magnification Thanks!

pnw

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the 16 power m5s the 20s were darker as said in some reviews out there and it is hard for me to explain but just seemed like a little too much magnification possibly due to fov , the quality seemed exactly the same just the different magnification did not work for me