NM Oryx tag!!

My daughter drew an off-range Oryx tag! Now what? Any help or suggestions are welcome. I'm probably going to hire an outfitter, so recommendations are appreciated.

OP
C
Bump.

I’ve narrowed it down to 2 or 3 outfitters but it seems like there are many with a good reputation. Any more input before I make final decisions?

Jhett_11

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same tag last year. Good luck, you’re going to have so much fun! Shoot, shoot and keep on shooting. They’re extremely tough animals to kill.

Attachments

• A760E980-087B-4DD7-8AD0-56E34C4FE03E.jpeg
    A760E980-087B-4DD7-8AD0-56E34C4FE03E.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 58

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
How close are you to come scout once or twice before deciding on a guide? You might be surprised where you find them. But I'm sure the guide route will be an amazing experience.

How close are you to come scout once or twice before deciding on a guide? You might be surprised where you find them. But I'm sure the guide route will be an amazing experience.

I "hired" a guide/outfitter once only to get on private land with a PL tag. Big mistake. Huge. I discovered that I had forgotten more about oryx hunting than that kid knew.

That's not to say, however, a reputable outfitter/guide wouldn't be a bad route to take. The advantage is that they know where to go and where some are hanging out because they were looking or hunting while you had to work.

OP
C
Scouting is not really an option. I'm 17 hours away......

OP
C
I "hired" a guide/outfitter once only to get on private land with a PL tag. Big mistake. Huge. I discovered that I had forgotten more about oryx hunting than that kid knew.

That's not to say, however, a reputable outfitter/guide wouldn't be a bad route to take. The advantage is that they know where to go and where some are hanging out because they were looking or hunting while you had to work.
My one and only guided hunt was pretty much a disaster also, so I'm really doing my homework this time.

OP
C
I’ve had multiple recommendations for Aaron. I spoke with him and he seemed like a really good guy.

Anyone know anything about Casey with Cross Country Outfitters? He’s also on my short list.