Nomad is in the Rhino Den

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm not really that interested, just playing the devils advocate. A long range weapon would be wasted on me, as I certainly don't have the skill to utilize it much beyond 500-600 yards.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HAHA same here....especially with my ultralights for sure! But I know he has carried his LRKM in his EMR 2, but that was two years ago so maybe he prefers something else now.

Brendan

WKR
A redesign of the EMRII would cause an immediate impact to my credit card...

I would have guessed with the EMRII is that they just made too many and wanted to get rid of some stock.

IDWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Nomad redesign. The pic looks good - lengthwise, vertical zippers. Out soon I hear.

reaper

WKR
Looks awesome
9069a229dd668fac64ee7dbe206b5235.jpg

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

archer109

FNG
Ya I agree. Mine be here soon too!!
Maybe they have a system we can attach scabbard on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
That looks to be exactly the improvements I thought it needed, side pockets will actually be functional without loosening a bunch of straps.

reaper

WKR
Dadgummit. Are you kidding me? I just got my nomad and y'all have to post this updated??? Guess I'll be saving again. It looks extremely slick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am so happy i dint pull the trigger on the nomad,i guess is my self-control side(say the guy who just ordered OD green stuff in the rhino Den, hahaha!!!)

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
From the Kifaru Facebook page:

"Coming soon, updated Nomad pack with optional rifle scabbard. Here are screen shots from videos that are soon to be released!"

5478899bbc705066c6842447d12b89db.jpg

a74a7dbfc4305c8ec478598e335fb656.jpg

93f9d1a665608fcbdb968a97ccc7a61f.jpg

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
I have a custom nomad with a campack bag sewed between wings but I love the new nomad and can't wait.

mt100gr.

WKR
I think i still prefer my original. I'd much rather bump, fall on, kick, or drag the stock of my rifle than the barrel. Learned that pretty quickly with my Rambler.

The vertical pockets look better/ more accessible but I don't run with 'need it now' gear in the wings.

Also, I am curious how the compression works with the buckles on the edge of the wings like that. I am intrigued but have a pretty good day pack/ heavy rifle hauler system with the original. I don't use the nomad for backpack hunting.

I think i still prefer my original. I'd much rather bump, fall on, kick, or drag the stock of my rifle than the barrel. Learned that pretty quickly with my Rambler.

The vertical pockets look better/ more accessible but I don't run with 'need it now' gear in the wings.

Also, I am curious how the compression works with the buckles on the edge of the wings like that. I am intrigued but have a pretty good day pack/ heavy rifle hauler system with the original. I don't use the nomad for backpack hunting.

I was wondering the same about compression. Don't see anything in the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnMuley

WKR
Basically looks the same as the Nomad I've modified with an OPW scabbard that detaches quickly if needed. I run a pouch on my scabbard and it holds my 2 ultralight pull outs of puffy down insulation top/bottom and raingear. Curious to see if the 3 new compression straps being mounted where they are, are beneficial or just handy for eliminating loose strap ends.

Gumbo

WKR
I got my Nomad today and set it up to run the guide lid in the gap at the bottom of the bag underneath a Grab It II by using the guide lid lash kit. Works very well in my basement, we will see about in the field. I can then switch to running it on the top of the bag when I load it up with a hunk of meat. I really like the layout thus far, but side zips would be awesome. I really like the spotter pockets, they fit my straight Diascope 85 perfectly. Anyway, I am really glad I made the purchase to compliment my AMR, and in spite of the lack of side zips, I think I am glad I the old version.