Northam extends stay at home until June 10th!!!!!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I am starting to understand the zombie apocalypse now...

Ya, we've been seeing it first hand for awhile........except it's the "brain" dead that are running around like Chicken Little with this virus thing and climate change........"the world is ending.....the world is ending.......we must do something to stop it all NOW". SMH

*zap*

WKR
The election is in November, the second wave of this may be peaking then. How will that be handled?
I think they have cancelled some state primaries.

At this point I believe that the stay @ home guidelines will definitely diminish the effects of the kung flu but I am very, very concerned about the other effects those things will have.

brsnow

WKR
The election is in November, the second wave of this may be peaking then. How will that be handled?
I think they have cancelled some state primaries.

At this point I believe that the stay @ home guidelines will definitely diminish the effects of the kung flu but I am very, very concerned about the other effects those things will have.

If there is no election, I believe legally Pelosi would assume the role of president.

*zap*

WKR
Under the U.S. Constitution, Trump and Vice President Mike Pence cannot stay in office past their four-year terms without being reelected. If the election does not happen for any reason, constitutional rules of succession kick in. That could mean a lawmaker down the line of succession who is not up for reelection could be the new president.

The issue of the president's authority to postpone elections in the event of an emergency has been discussed at length during recent election cycles. In 2004, there was concern that a terrorist attack could present a need to postpone the elections. The question was raised again in 2012 as Hurricane Sandy threatened to disrupt elections. A July 14, 2004 Congressional Research Service report concluded that the executive branch does not have the authority to unilaterally change election dates. Any changes made to election dates would need to begin in Congress and be approved by the individual states.

These are some of the answers that I found, may be accurate......

brsnow

WKR
Under the U.S. Constitution, Trump and Vice President Mike Pence cannot stay in office past their four-year terms without being reelected. If the election does not happen for any reason, constitutional rules of succession kick in. That could mean a lawmaker down the line of succession who is not up for reelection could be the new president.

Yes, Pelosi

*zap*

WKR
I believe that Pelosi is up for re-election in 2020. if so then she would not be the one.......it would be the next in the chain the is not up for re-election....

brsnow

WKR
I believe that Pelosi is up for re-election in 2020. if so then she would not be the one.......it would be the next in the chain the is not up for re-election....

Will be interesting, trying to find a link of article I read recently

*zap*

WKR
Chuck Grassley would be successor.....if my assumption that his term ends in 2022 is correct.

Now if there was no national election but pelosi's district had an election and she won there might be a case made for her to be successor. POTUS pelosi is a scary thought.

Last edited:

brsnow

WKR
Chuck Grassley would be successor.....if my assumption that his term ends in 2022 is correct.

Now if there was no national election but pelosi's district had an election and she won there might be a case made for her to be successor. POTUS pelosi is a scary thought.

They would probably elect a new speaker prior to select who they want.

*zap*

WKR
It is possible this virus was spread by design but either way I believe all the effects that are possible from this have not been considered by everyone.

ozyclint

WKR
The economy is going to be devastated. Talking about tinfoil...this could be a very successful asymmetric attack on the free world.....one world government and/or one world currency with the abolition of cash is not out of the question as a result of this. A new currency would most likely be gold backed and I believe china has an awful lot of gold.....

as much as i would like to see the reintroduction of a gold backed currency i can't see the powers that be placing themselves under the constraints of sound money. fiat currency lets them create currency and deficit spend and place the burden on future generations. the currency creation that is currently occurring around the would is unprecedented. they don't even have to go the the effort of printing now. just strike some zeros on a keyboard! they basically just slipped the yoke of debt over the necks of our grandchildren, great grandchildren and probably their children. we could be paying this off for 100 years.

fun fact- germany made their last WWI reparation payment in 2010.

Gobbler36

WKR
Sleeping like a rock, I watch and keep simple track of the death #'s so I can come to some type of conclusions on my own.....I am aware that there are many variables that effect outcomes which is why I said I hope that the trend does not continue...Variables will effect the #'s and then I will see that since I keep some notes..but the death #'s seem to be doubling every 3-4 days for the last month here in the usa.
Looking at the #'s is a way for me to keep aware of what is actually happening. I really do not know what the media is saying since I cut the TV service in 2008. I do look at some news sites on the internet thou....
I am actually pretty relaxed, but thanks for your concern.
I wanna keep all this light hearted

Always respect your posts on this forum.
I was just trying to poke at ya a little about your posts about this virus deal that have been a little bit doom and gloom as of late. seriously do hope you are healthy and well along with everyone on this site

let’s look at it glass half full

*zap*

WKR
My main doom & gloom worries are about the economic effects of this.....as far as the virus I would think it is likely that half of us will contract it at some point, maybe more..