Not long range by a long shot....

Been a little slow here lately so I figured I'd throw this video up for ya... Was at the range today burning some powder and ringing some steel. There was some heavy machinery moving about so we couldn't shoot the 600 yard line like we'd hoped so we settle for this target at 365 yards... This was prone off a bipod with rear bag shooting my 280 ackley improved. 168 grain Berger VLD's at 2950 fps. If you hear me shuffling around it's because my right arm was laying on some hot brass (it was 95* Today!) and I kept trying to shift it out of the way. Not the greatest group by any means but when you have good equipment it makes shots like these a literal chip shot... will get some more video soon of some longer range shooting hopefully!

[video=vimeo;65935932]https://vimeo.com/65935932[/video]

Mike

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least you're out there squeezing the trigger........................That's exactly what my 280AI shoots---168's at 2950.

Randy

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mike, I have a sako (left handed) with a 25 inch benchmark, number 5 contour barrel. I am using reloader 17, 54.8 grains and CCI BR2 primer.
Super accurate in my rifle although RL17 is temp sensitive.

Randy

OP
HellsCanyon
Mike, I have a sako (left handed) with a 25 inch benchmark, number 5 contour barrel. I am using reloader 17, 54.8 grains and CCI BR2 primer.
Super accurate in my rifle although RL17 is temp sensitive.

Randy

I originally started out with RL22 and as you say it was very accurate however I didn't like the velocity swings with temp changes. Very fast n accurate though!

Mike