Not sure what to call this

Deadfall

WKR
My entire life I've been detrimentally hooked on hunting. Specifically elk and mule deer. More then once I've given to-day's notice when a employer wouldn't give me time to go tromp around.

Then I found guiding. Or guiding found me. The first couple years were rough and I almost stopped. Things started to click, I learned how to be socialable enough.

Somewhere around the 12 yr mark I seriously considered retiring from and chasing money like the normal folk. Started a little constructiin thing in off season. That has blossomed. God is good.

The elk woods have given me more then I ever could of imagined over the years.

Now as the season is quickly approaching and I'm winding down the building projects, I can't decide if I'm more excited about chasing elk around the woods or chasing wolves around.

Most of my planning this year has been spent trying to figure out how I can murder wolves while my hunters are chasing elk.

Would be fantastic to tag out on wolves before it gets bitter cold.

Or maybe I'll just continue using wolves as a hunting extender.

I dont particularly even enjoy hunting wolves. Guess in a small way; its another way for me to give back to a creature that at certain times in my life probably saved it.

Lot of rambling in this blah blah ing.

Curious if anyone else out there feels similarly.

I wish I was able to give up the grind to chase my passion of hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunterjmj

WKR
I quit several jobs in my 20's when an employer went back on given time off. I always worked construction so it never hard to find another job or they'd get over it and re-hire me. In my 30's I had better jobs with vacation so it's not been an issue. I love to hunt but guiding people never peaked my interest. Thanks for killing wolves!

SoCalHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My entire life I've been detrimentally hooked on hunting. Specifically elk and mule deer. More then once I've given to-day's notice when a employer wouldn't give me time to go tromp around.

Then I found guiding. Or guiding found me. The first couple years were rough and I almost stopped. Things started to click, I learned how to be socialable enough.

Somewhere around the 12 yr mark I seriously considered retiring from and chasing money like the normal folk. Started a little constructiin thing in off season. That has blossomed. God is good.

The elk woods have given me more then I ever could of imagined over the years.

Now as the season is quickly approaching and I'm winding down the building projects, I can't decide if I'm more excited about chasing elk around the woods or chasing wolves around.

Most of my planning this year has been spent trying to figure out how I can murder wolves while my hunters are chasing elk.

Would be fantastic to tag out on wolves before it gets bitter cold.

Or maybe I'll just continue using wolves as a hunting extender.

I dont particularly even enjoy hunting wolves. Guess in a small way; its another way for me to give back to a creature that at certain times in my life probably saved it.

Lot of rambling in this blah blah ing.

Curious if anyone else out there feels similarly.
All my life, I have been searching for happiness. I really do mean all my life. I have a great wife that I adore and 2 beautiful grown children but the thing I have always lacked was a certain inner happiness. I have still never found it and I will be 62 years old next month.

You followed your way and it seems to me you did find that inner happiness. You win, my friend.

I quit several jobs in my 20's when an employer went back on given time off. I always worked construction so it never hard to find another job or they'd get over it and re-hire me. In my 30's I had better jobs with vacation so it's not been an issue. I love to hunt but guiding people never peaked my interest. Thanks for killing wolves!
I've been straight up on my hires. I tell them up front i need 2 weeks in September and a week in deer season whenever that happens to be. I've only had 2 jobs since 2000. I am also a construction worker.

I was a tail sawyer in the early seventies. When I declined manditory overtime on elk opener I found myself a sticker poker on a stacker for the dry kilns. Two months later I went back to college.

Wheels

WKR
What's the story on the wolves? Do you have to apply for wolf tags or are they an over the counter tag?
I would love to shoot some wolves.