Now that my do it all 7prc build is done….i want another…why is this always the case

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
This was supposed to be it. My do it all left handed 7prc 24” barrel. Didn’t want too light or too heavy. But now I’m looking at another. 6mm to 6.5prc with an 18-20’ barrel. ANY reason to not go 6mm? leaning that way. Should be more than enough for most game. Who makes the go-to 60degree left handed action? Curtis? Titanium probably. Any carbon fiber stocks have an integrated picatinny rail on the forend? Not a fan of sporter stocks - like a more vertical grip and a higher fixed cheek weld (don’t want adjustable b/c I’ll fk with it). I think I’m dead set on ffp optic 14-20x max zoom. Leaning towards nx8.

Any suggestions? For this weapon or reason not to get another….

Last edited:

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
i have no opinion (or at least no opinion worth reading) on actions as i'm just shooting tikkas and home-built ARs but I gotta say, i'm definitely looking at the 6mm Creedmoor numbers. and as a lefty myself, i think i'm just going to buy a LH 243 tikka and shoot it for a bit (well, at least a few boxes) before i start shopping for a 6mm CM barrel around 20" and threaded so i can quietly go kill stuff.

as for why this is always the case, i think there was a guns n' roses song about this. um, "i used to build a little but a little wouldn't do it so now i build more and more..."? i think that's what he was singing.

good luck

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t beat Terminus Apollo. Have one of each variant. 223 and 22CM.

OP
G

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah the weight of FFP optics has me looking at SFP again and under 20oz. While I’ve come to really like the Zeiss lrp s3 25x zoom for seeing the target, it is hard to keep the target in the field of view. Plus while shooting 600+ yards is fun, i wont be looking to hunt at that range so 10-16x zoom will work. Feel like im going backwards from the trends in optics!

Last edited:
OP
G

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I have zero complaints with the 7prc. But like fishing rods - or shoes so my wife can relate - there’s not one for every occasion. My son already has a 243. Reason I’m keen on 6mm. Finally having a lefty after only shooting right handed on the left side is night and day. Like I’ve been trying to wipe my ass with the wrong hand all these years. These were our 7prc builds. McWhorter - my son’s is the 60deg Curtis and mine is Borden 90deg. I like the 60 better. Both smooth. Just not many LH 60* options - but Curtis makes them now and the Terminus looks awesome. Thanks for pointing them out.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.jpeg
    IMG_0050.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0049.jpeg
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0048.jpeg
    IMG_0048.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

wyosam

WKR
That’s the trouble with “do it all” rifles. There are a million different ways to do it all, so you still end up wanting something a little different. Now when I want something different, I don’t bother trying to convince myself or anyone else that I need it for whatever reason. I go ahead and admit that I just want it. Currently putting together a short barreled medium bore. Won’t do anything that all the other rifles/cartridges I shoot don’t already cover. Who knows whether I’ll ever even hunt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk