NRA American Hunter Magazine Names Federal Premium FireStick as a 2021 Golden Bullseye Award Winner

Rob5589

WKR
The more "advances" they make, the less ML they become. Feds statement about being "a hassle to load making using a ML a deterrent," is the reason why people use them. Same as a longbow or recurve, you embrace the limitations. If you want the ease of a center fire then use one. Many of these "advances" are going to make ML seasons nothing but single shot rifle seasons.

OXN939

WKR
The more "advances" they make, the less ML they become. Feds statement about being "a hassle to load making using a ML a deterrent," is the reason why people use them. Same as a longbow or recurve, you embrace the limitations. If you want the ease of a center fire then use one. Many of these "advances" are going to make ML seasons nothing but single shot rifle seasons.
Agreed here. "Achieving acceptable hunting accuracy with a bow is difficult enough to be a deterrent." Yep. That's correct. This one goes into the same category as the Burris Eliminator or the any of other automatic rangefinding optics that tell you where to aim... a bridge too far, in my mind.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I hear you there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
Oh may Lord, how far is this going to go and still be called muzzle loading. “ because some find it difficult to load” holy shit, every body gets a “ ribbon” now days, it’s getting so pathetic.

I'm not a fan at all. Muzzle loader seasons are supposed to provide extra opportunity while keeping the overall harvest rate acceptably low. Making a breach loading rifle with a loose bullet is just that, a rifle. That's ridiculous and I hope Federal gets roasted for it. My only hope is that this type of technology indirectly leads to more restrictions on sights in muzzleloader seasons. Scopes and magnifying peeps are still the biggest enhancement in firearm accuracy in my opinion.

jrm02

FNG
In Nebraska, the FireStick is not legal to use during our muzzleloader season since the regs require both the powder charge and projectile to be loaded from the muzzle. I imagine it's only a matter of time before those regs are updated to allow the use of the FireStick (especially if it becomes common/popular in other states).

In Nebraska, the FireStick is not legal to use during our muzzleloader season since the regs require both the powder charge and projectile to be loaded from the muzzle. I imagine it's only a matter of time before those regs are updated to allow the use of the FireStick (especially if it becomes common/popular in other states).

Our regulations in VA were just changed to make it illegal, it was previously legal. I know a few guys who built 50 Cal muzzleloaders to handle a 338 federal case, wax the top of the case to seal the powder in, shove the bullet down the barrel. They legally used them for years but the regs were just revised and it made them illegal.

Paid for article, and award, nothing new. The real issue is muzzleloaders than can accurately shoot out to 500+ yards.

I am tired of all these advancements to muzzle loaders. As mentioned above, they are just turning to single shot rifle seasons. I recognize the inline is also an advancement and where to stop is a topic in itself. However, its clearly gone over the line. I cannot say where that line was though.

elkguide

WKR
Just finished muzzleloader season here. Shot 2 deer with my "modern" inline rifle. Love that time of the year and love muzzleloader season. But the key word there is "muzzleloader"!!!! Much of the thrill of muzzleloader season for me is getting closer to my quarry, getting into that hunting mode. With the technological advancements in our rifles today or the widespread use of crossbows, many folks don't get to have the thrill and excitement of truly getting close to their target animals. Many will call it progress. I'll call it a big miss for them, in not having the privilege to be up close and personal with wildlife. Don't get me wrong, I do like to stretch my rifles out and when conditions are right, put a bullet accurately into the vitals of an animal at ranges that would amaze our fore fathers but there is nothing like watching the snot run out of the nose of a worked up, bugling bull elk that you have just called in to 10 yards and then sending an arrow or a lead projectile through his vitals and then moving feverishly to reload, just in case.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
give it a year or 2 guys. It will be off the market due to lack of sales and lack of states allowing it.