NV archery

I drew my NV archery tag for 131+ this year. It’s been my first choice for the 10 years I’ve been putting in for this tag and finally got a good enough number draw it so yay me... I also just moved to Mississippi for work so it’s a 1800 mile drive from my new house to the Ely area. My boss approved leave for Sunday 8/11 to Saturday 8/17 so I’m trying to find a better way to do this than drive 2 days hunt 2 days drive 2 days back. Is there anyone else that drew this tag from the Reno area that’s driving out that might be able to offer assistance if I was to fly out... I don’t know. It’s kind of a bummer. I don’t want to pass up this hunt but if I can’t make the time frame work I might just focus on mine and my wife’s elk tags we got... that and apparently here in Mississippi if you own land (I have 3 acres now) you can kill whitetails without even a license...
Send me a message if you have any help or ideas for my conundrum
241c12eb24217de25d91e765b5dd0d7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srfdmatty

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag.
Possibly try looking at the following:
Red eye flight to Vegas with your gear as soon as you get off work. Buying a plane ticket now shouldn't be that expensive. Bring only backpacking gear and hunt off your back. Rent a vehicle and drive to your hunt location. 4 hour drive. If you need a quad rent it in Vegas as well. Not a necessity depending upon where you go in at in the zone. Hunt your butt off. Process and freeze your animal and ship it home. Fly home from Vegas. That would give you 4 plus hunting days. Totally doable but more costly.

You only get so many chances to hunt and if it costs more to make it happen it is what it is. It will be worth it in end when you bag a big one!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

NV HUNTER

WKR
I agree on above.

Fly into Las Vegas. Rent an SUV ( so you can sleep in it) and go hunt. From the airport you could be in Ely in 4 hours. There are hotels, food, even a decent sporting goods store in Ely . Good luck, hope it all works out.

OP
itsTyrtruion
This is taking place as we speak... Southwest flight from New Orleans to Vegas. Have a rental waiting for me. Thanks for the idea. This is going to be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srfdmatty

Lil-Rokslider
Nice! You're gonna have fun! Keep us posted on your results.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You will drive up 318 through Hiko and Lund, not 93 through Panaca and Caliente, saves 45 minutes to Ely. I saw a good buck antelope in your area just south of 50 around Newark Velley. Not in my area or I would have tried for it. I was returning to Ely from Eureka on 50.