NW waterfowl / upland birds

Just wondering if I’m unlucky or if there’s a trend in the NW on low bird numbers this year. Been very inconsistent for me this year and downright bad in my usual go-to spots. I know winter weather plays a big role, but overall just seems like a down year. Anyone else seeing the same things? Or do I need to buy a new gun to maybe boost my luck ;)

JeffP_Or

WKR
I would not try to dissuade you from buying a new gun especially if it brings you luck! However, for Oregon's part, waterfowl has been very hit or miss this year - especially in the valley; we may see that change starting this week. The upland game kind of depends on what you are chasing and where you are chasing it; valley regions and coast range seem similar to usual and it is just difficult finding any concentrations. The east side was reported and continues to report with strong numbers but some folks are finding them in areas adjacent to their 'normal' spots - without a lot of reasoning for that. Overall, the bird numbers and hatch was good this year.
But to be safe, you might check out the LGS!

Justin_Tree

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in central California and this is the worst year I have ever experienced waterfowl hunting. Very low numbers, It feels like November.

chemist

FNG
In Easter Washington pheasant numbers seemed marginally higher than the past couple years. Quail seemed relatively similar to the past couple years.

I don't hunt waterfowl so I don't know on them.

DaleW

WKR
I waterfowl hunt the Willamette valley around Eugene. It seems like there's been lower numbers so far, granted I haven't been out a ton. We're getting a cold front at the end of the week so hopefully we get a push.