nxs 2.5-10 42mm for hunting?

what do you guys think about this scope for a hunting rifle? will be hunting out to 500 yds max and would be occasionally shooting out to 1000

I have two. One on my main rifle and one on my 223 trainer. It’s my ideal hunting scope. I’ve killed out to 500+ with it. I treat them terribly and they just keep working. Only buy one if you want to give up looking for scopes, because the hunt will be over.

I have two. One on my main rifle and one on my 223 trainer. It’s my ideal hunting scope. I’ve killed out to 500+ with it. I treat them terribly and they just keep working. Only buy one if you want to give up looking for scopes, because the hunt will be over.
they sound like darn good scopes

I have several. Best all around scopes in my opinion. Have not had any issues shooting close to 1000 yds with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the MOAR or MIL-R reticle like in the timber if the illumination is not on?

I haven’t really had an issue. Most recently I hunted old growth in SE Alaska with one last November. Light was not optimal but never turned on illumination and had no problem shooting some deer deep in the woods. I use the MOAR reticle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the MOAR or MIL-R reticle like in the timber if the illumination is not on?

This is why I moved on from it, with the MILr reticles I can hardly lay out the center “X” or whatever you want to call it. In timber, for me?...no.

Other than that, the scope checks a lot of boxes for me.

Back