NXS 2.5-10x42 mil, wow!

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Had a custom build done and was trying to scope it. With Hawkins hybrid I a touch short of comfort with SHV, just need slightly more space. Was going to go SWFA 3-9, but figured I would try NXS with slightly longer eye relief and was told it might a bit more mounting room than SHV. It is not totally mounted but a quick trial it looks to fit perfect. I was honestly amazed on this scope. It seems perfect for hunting, reticle is great and glass is super clear. They do a real nice job packaging it up as well. Pretty blown away with it so far. SWFA will be on the FC :)

Last edited:
Congrats - I bet you will be really happy with that scope the more you get a chance to use it, IMHO they are about as good as it gets for a scope at that weight. Certainly a bullet proof scope(y)

Had a custom build done and was trying to scope it. With Hawkins hybrid I a touch short of comfort with SHV, just need slightly more space. Was going to go SWFA 3-9, but figured I would try NXS with slightly longer eye relief and was told it might a bit more mounting room than SHV. It is not totally mounted but a quick trial it looks to fit perfect. I was honestly amazed on this scope. It seems perfect for hunting, reticle is great and glass is super clear. They do a real nice job packaging it up as well. Pretty blown away with it so far. SWFA will be on the FC :)
How is the illumination?

• Banned
OP
B

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
How is the illumination?
Terrible but I can’t see needing it during legal light, the glass/reticle are really clear/crisp. I think in a bind it would work, but the illumination is terrible.

prm

WKR
Terrible but I can’t see needing it during legal light, the glass/reticle are really clear/crisp. I think in a bind it would work, but the illumination is terrible.
I thought it wasn’t bad. Though I did not find it easy (intuitive) to use. If it were only FFP.

I have FFP for everything, but willing to try SFP on one of these if necessary.
My 2 needs that are personal preference after reliability are decent illumination and FFP.
This missed those two.
I did look through one , but the one I was looking through didn't have a battery or was not turned on .

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
I did not find the NXS illumination to be all that bad if using it for the last few mins of light or after dark. It's definitely not daylight bright but it worked when I needed illumination. The button system takes some getting used to but I can appreciate that it has an auto-off feature.

I’ve used mine with a clip on. The illumination on lowest setting is fine when it’s dark.

OP
B

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Compared to the SHV it is poor. It bleeds, and has the bring ring around it. I am sure it will work if needed, just not very refined.

OP
B

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
It is actually going to be a bit short with the Hawkins hybrid. Trying to avoid a rail, so this might have to be sold and the search goes on.

Last edited: