NY CCW law held to be unconstitutional

amassi

WKR
Regarding the Miranda rights, the best thing to remember is to
be vewy, vewy, quiet if ever arrested.
The only thing you should say is I would like to speak with my attorney
before making a statement.

And Red Flag Laws are unconstitutional. There must be due process.
Exactly you know this, most of us know this yet it's been codified for the people that don't know it, feel fear in the face of law enforcement, speak another language et el.
What good is the constitutional protection of red flag laws if we allow the ammendments that make that protection possible to be degraded making it easier for the government to abuse their power and authority

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

carter33

WKR
Obliterated fetal cells are no different than taking chemo for cancer to shrink tumors
That is a wildly oversimplified and ignorant statement. I have mixed opinions on abortion and it's legality. Morally I am opposed but I understand the argument for women to have the choice. What I don't understand is how people can celebrate the act or be so blatantly callous to what would grow into a human child.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I hear what you’re saying, it’s just where I’m at in life. I work with a gal who is constantly talking trash about white people (she’s white), calling everything racist, discounting peoples opinions because they are white and openly supports taking land and possessions away from white people to be distributed amongst alaskan natives……never mind that she believes none of this applies to her because she had a kid with a native guy. other coworkers are like “yeah she’s crazy and sort of racist in her views but she’s a good person”.

A good person wouldn’t hold beliefs like that. A good person wouldn’t champion the governments attempts at taking peoples rights away. A good person would try to apply restrictions to you’re life that they wouldn’t apply to their own.
You believe in good people? That is cute, but also the dominant world view in our society, so understandable.

I believe all people are bad, some happen to do good things.

Sorry, could not help myself. :D

Exactly you know this, most of us know this yet it's been codified for the people that don't know it, feel fear in the face of law enforcement, speak another language et el.
What good is the constitutional protection of red flag laws if we allow the ammendments that make that protection possible to be degraded making it easier for the government to abuse their power and authority

Was this guy a natural born citizen? Did he have a green card?

amassi

WKR
I think I’m in partial agreement with you there. I think the only thing that is questionable is whether or not he was being detained or arrested, which he was not. I think it’s similar to an undercover op. Does an undercover agent have to tell perps that they have a right to remain silent? Does the patriot act allow the government to use communications without telling you that you are incriminating yourself? Lots of gray on this one. And ftr, I disagree with red flag laws.
I also vehemently disagree with red flag laws.
Undercover operations are way overused in the US, as are confidential informants and listening devices et el. I'd venture most of them violate a couple civil rights but since they're larger crimes most get plead down and bargained by dropping mandatory charges and add one so they never see a court room. Those plea deals likely include verbiage stating you won't/can't sue over your violated rights

Most people don't care since it's a nimby issue that only affects minorities, drug dealers and terrorists.

amassi

WKR
That is a wildly oversimplified and ignorant statement. I have mixed opinions on abortion and it's legality. Morally I am opposed but I understand the argument for women to have the choice. What I don't understand is how people can celebrate the act or be so blatantly callous to what would grow into a human child.
That was intentional oversimplification cells are cells. Taking a pill or series of pills to remove one set of cells is no different than taking drugs to obliterate another.

Not celebrating the act at all, it must be an incredibly tough decision for a woman to make and is none of our effing business if/when she chooses to go through with it.

Also before we get so worried about protecting fetal cells and what they could possibly grow into, maybe it's high time we take care of our alive population with things like access to housing, health care, food, sex ed.

ODB

WKR
I’ve gotten to the point where I can no longer realize that people believe stuff like that and then go on to say they are a “great” person. If they were a great person, they wouldn’t be batshit crazy.

At this point, I don’t know a single liberal that I would consider to be a “good” person.

I get that perspective. But a mistake I used to make when I was younger was to assume people knew what I knew and that their outputs were based on the same inputs as mine.

That’s were recognizing ignorance is important. Ignorance isn’t stupidity - it’s merely lack of knowledge. I know and like many liberal people, but do not fraternize with leftists - their stupidity in face of facts makes those relationships impossible.

A liberal is willing to listen and consider facts, a leftist is only willing for you to adopt their opinions.

WRM

WKR
Those plea deals likely include verbiage stating you won't/can't sue over your violated rights

Actually, you typically have to "admit" the original charges were justified/supported. Creates the same result, however.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You don't understand why someone who feels they lack autonomy for their body and are subject to forced pregnancy would not feel empathy for someone else's civil or constitutional rights?
Abortion is NOT the woman's body. A simple DNA test of the fetus would prove that. But if a woman wants to go ahead and remove something that she considers "her body", and the DNA test says it is 100% her DNA........then go for it. Otherwise, she and the Dr just killed a different human being.

amassi

WKR
Was this guy a natural born citizen? Did he have a green card?
Couldn't give less of a Fudge. While here you're protected and cops don't have a separate set of rules for dealing with different sets of people.
Like Applebee's, when you're here you're family.

Couldn't give less of a Fudge. While here you're protected and cops don't have a separate set of rules for dealing with different sets of people.
Like Applebee's, when you're here you're family.

True, but if he was an immigrant and legal, he probably would have learned a thing or two about the Bill of Rights.

amassi

WKR
Abortion is NOT the woman's body. A simple DNA test of the fetus would prove that. But if a woman wants to go ahead and remove something that she considers "her body", and the DNA test says it is 100% her DNA........then go for it. Otherwise, she and the Dr just killed a different human being.
grows in her body, her choice. I'll meet you half way. Abortion now instead of being pills early on will be removing the umbilical chord and only the strong babies will survive with dads superior DNA doing the heavy lifting

The most interesting thing about this whole decision… is no one has mentioned who sponsored the original law and why it was implemented in first place.

If you want a good read : The corrupt and powerful Timothy Sullivan of the Tammany Hall,

FLATHEAD

WKR
Abortion:
Heartbeat @ 14 days.
"The Life is in the Blood".
Thats all I need to know.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
According to Twitter, any crazy old fool can now go and buy a gun on the internet and ship it to their house and carry it concealed and be within the law.
That's the way it should be. There shouldn't be any laws that restrict or infringe on American citizen's rights under the 2A. If they restrict or infringe, that would be unconstitutional. Those same people screaming about this ruling, are the same people that want "assault" weapons banned (or age limit raised to 21) but at the same time want the legal voting age to be 16. That's not even remotely logical. They don't get to pick and choose who has what rights......when.

FLATHEAD

WKR
That's the way it should be. There shouldn't be any laws that restrict or infringe on American citizen's rights under the 2A. If they restrict or infringe, that would be unconstitutional. Those same people screaming about this ruling, are the same people that want "assault" weapons banned (or age limit raised to 21) but at the same time want the legal voting age to be 16. That's not even remotely logical. They don't get to pick and choose who has what rights......when.
The same people that think voter ID is racist, but needing a fishing license must be ok.

MattB

WKR
But out of curiosity, do you feel the same way if the baby is 9 months grown and is then aborted? What if the baby was born, and then the mother decided to abort? What if the baby was 2 years old? Same feelings?
IMO your counter example of the near-full term fetus to question abortion in general is analogous to when the anti-2A crowd invokes the existence of fully automatic weapons as justification for implementing “common sense” gun control.

The other two aren’t even relevant in the context of abortion.