Off to Oregon

joelbiltz

WKR
Going to give this live hunt a try. I'm sitting in the Cincinatti airport waiting to board. First flight to Denver. Second flight to Eugene Oregon. Then a short drive to Roseburg. The Gunwerks LR1000 dialed in. My first Columbia Blacktail hunt. I also have a turkey tag and a lion tag just in case. Should be hunting tonight so I'll try and post this evening. If successful it will be species # 12 for me and puts me at only needing a Sitka Blacktail for all my deer species. Wish me luck!!!

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR

A quick two hour hunt this evening. We located four bucks and two does. The big fork may die on day four. He is kind of neat. Weather moving in tomorrow. Hopefully the deer will move good. Stay tuned.

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Fog sucks when you are trying to kill something. Between fog banks we have glassed up five small bucks and a handful of does.

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Had an encounter with this nice buck at 640 yards. Unfortunately he was in a poison oak patch and my bullet decided to hit a branch that I didn't see. So he lives another day. We have seen a few bucks today. Rained pretty hard today and has stopped so hoping deer will start moving soon.