Old Kelty external frame hip belt?

BLJ

WKR
Recently endsd up with one of these. Love the pack, but the waist belt needs some help. Any good replacements? The more comfy, the better. Thanks.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
So let's try this. How about some recomendations on good, comfortable waist belts. They do 't have to be specific to the Kelty. I'll figure out a way to get them attached. Thanks.

Voyageur

WKR
I recently went thru a similar search trying to find a better belt for my Alpz Commander lite frame. I ended up keeping the Alpz belt, but found that the SO lumbar pad made a world of difference.
As far as hip belts are concerned I like......Seek Outside and HPG. If you end up using either of those I would be very interested in seeing how you attached them to your Kelty.
Thanks.

VernAK

WKR
If your Kelty has the metal buckle be sure to keep that and put it on your new belt. That's a much better system than these damned plastic squeeze buckles that are impossible to squeeze with cold or injured hands or even with gloves on. I buy those Keltys at garage sales and keep the buckles before selling the pack again.

There are times when you want to get out of that pack quickly and these plastic buckles are a hazard.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
Plastic buckles here. And they slip.
Figured it was going to be a long shot for the belt. If I figure something out, I’ll post pictures. Thanks.

Brannon

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
Looks like the kelty is sold out. From the comments it has been for a while.
I looked at the seek outside. They have one that looks like it may be adaptable to a frame packs. It has 3 grommets on each side as well as straps. I may look into that.
I like the HPG, but it doesn’t look like it would be very easy to work with.