SG hip belt with 2 straps vs the old 1 strap

kpk

WKR
I'm running an old Krux frame with the single 2" webbing hip belt. Is the newer style with the two 1" webbings considerably better for those that used both?

I've found late season with an extra layer and puffy that there just isn't enough of the hip belt strap left for me to pull on. Spoke with SG and I can either send in the belt and they'll put new longer webbing on it for a small fee. Or, send in the frame and they'll modify it and I buy the newer style hip belt. The only other kicker is that I run my holster on a blade tech tec lok on my waist belt right now - I really prefer that.

If the newer belt is considerably better, I'll probably go that route and figure out a solution for the holster.

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of the original frames and have loved it but I was not a huge fan of the 2” strap under 80#+. It could really start to bite into your hips… after packing out the 50th bull on the old frame, I just bought the R3. No weight and no critters in it yet but I think the 1” straps will be WAY better under load and cinched tight. I’ll be figuring out the holster situation myself before I hit the grizzly country this summer fly fishing.

Reactions: kpk
OP
kpk

kpk

WKR
I have one of the original frames and have loved it but I was not a huge fan of the 2” strap under 80#+. It could really start to bite into your hips… after packing out the 50th bull on the old frame, I just bought the R3. No weight and no critters in it yet but I think the 1” straps will be WAY better under load and cinched tight. I’ll be figuring out the holster situation myself before I hit the grizzly country this summer fly fishing.

I've noticed same thing with heavy loads that I'll get a hot spot on the top/front of my hips. I think the new belt is probably the way to go.

I'm probably going to try the bladetech molle loks on one of their attachments for a holster solution. I hate chest rigs.

sr80

WKR
I much preferred the newer two strap belt, the original 2" webbed belt really bugged my hips even with it loosened off.

Reactions: kpk