Old marsupial vs enclosed marsupial case

Sammymusi

WKR
Hey anyone have the old bino harness ( open model) and ended up picking up the new fully enclosed ? Anything you dont like about the new one? I'm thinking about selling my old version and upgrading to the enclosed. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Curious about this as well. Was contemplating sewing a couple side flaps on it somehow so its a little more enclosed. I just got the damn thing right before they came out with the new one. :mad:

OP
S

Sammymusi

WKR
Ahaha usually how it happens.. I absolutely love mine have been rocking it for last 2 seasons and it's great.

Austink47

WKR
07878955-2F6E-4261-9B4D-04E3F861A7CF.jpegCDB934F9-5E89-40EC-A96C-681798D6AB60.jpegI switched from a first generation original to the new enclosed. I only have one 4 day hunt with the new one but love it so far. The stretch material makes the front pocket much more useful. The enclosed lid is quite, easy to use and keeps your glass clean. Side pockets still work great for wind checker or cow call. With my SLC 10x42s in a small case there is a bit of a squeak when going in and out, had more of a swish sound with the original non fleece lined version, not a big deal, but hopefully it will go away with time. The stretchy face material is quieter when you brush it. Over all there is no way I am going back to the original.

OP
S

Sammymusi

WKR
Thanks ! I have the version with the fleece material inside. I don't use the rangefinder pouch I just put my vortex with the metal clip on the side of it. Thanks for the replies !

OP
S

Sammymusi

WKR
Other question are the binos harder to get out with the taller sides ? Or about the same.

Austink47

WKR
Other question are the binos harder to get out with the taller sides ? Or about the same.
I would say it is about the same. It is a really well designed pack, you can tell they put a lot of time and testing into it.

Juan_ID

WKR
I would say it is about the same. It is a really well designed pack, you can tell they put a lot of time and testing into it.
Would there be any benefit if the binos sat a little higher up in the pouch? By maybe putting a foam spacer down under the objectives? Just looks like there’s a fair amount of room in there with the slc 10x42s.

Austink47

WKR
Would there be any benefit if the binos sat a little higher up in the pouch? By maybe putting a foam spacer down under the objectives? Just looks like there’s a fair amount of room in there with the slc 10x42s.
Possibly. It seems like you could bump them up 1/2”. Might be something to try. Was not an issue for me.

OP
S

Sammymusi

WKR
Well you guys just caused me to spend more money on hunting gear .. thank you !

View attachment 221179View attachment 221180I switched from a first generation original to the new enclosed. I only have one 4 day hunt with the new one but love it so far. The stretch material makes the front pocket much more useful. The enclosed lid is quite, easy to use and keeps your glass clean. Side pockets still work great for wind checker or cow call. With my SLC 10x42s in a small case there is a bit of a squeak when going in and out, had more of a swish sound with the original non fleece lined version, not a big deal, but hopefully it will go away with time. The stretchy face material is quieter when you brush it. Over all there is no way I am going back to the original.

Austink47:

What size of pouch is shown in the photos?

ClearCreek

I’ve had both and love the enclosed just because of riding in the dusty atv. Also had a Alaska guide one and I keep that one for a back up. Marsupial enclosed is the best out there on my opinion