Older Mathews parts available?

LostArra

WKR
I came into possession of a like-new Mathews MQ1. I enjoy shooting it but I would enjoy it even more if it was set for my draw length. What is the chance of Mathews still having the cam I need to go from 30" to 28"? Or another source?
Thanks

Swamp Fox

WKR
Not horrible.

Post a WTB on ArcheryTalk and keep your eyes open on ebay, etc.

Hit up all the pro shops you can reasonably get to.

Should not be a huge issue.. Matthews has components or can provide them for any bow they've ever made (Per my local dealer).. You need to go through an authorized Matthews dealer to insure that it is new and undamaged and is the correct part for you're model and they can get an OEM part from Matthews... Best Matthews dealer I've ever worked with is Gun World in Coredon, IN.. They are a great Matthews dealer with great staff on site.. All the best..

They got everything,you just have to go thru dealer.They wont sale to you,some dealers mark up way more than others.
One wanted 5 dollers for the little gold medallion that’s on each side of the riser and another dealer wanted 30.
I just rebuilt a sbxt with a lot of new parts.

dtrkyman

WKR
Mine is an slar which is a 30" as well.

Call Pike county archery in Illinois, last time I was there they had a wall full of old cams.

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
Mine is an slar which is a 30" as well.

Call Pike county archery in Illinois, last time I was there they had a wall full of old cams.
Will do. I'll also call Gun World in Indiana.
I'm looking for the SLCR or the older stamping MQ1-28R

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Mathews is the only manufacturer that guarantees parts beyond 5 years or so after a bow model has been discontinued. One of the reasons their used bow prices tend to be higher than others.
You should have no problem getting it if you contact a Mathews dealer.

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
I emailed Mathews and they replied quickly.
Yes, they have the cam and will send thru my dealer which I would have done anyway.
I called my dealer (40 miles away) and he has a box of MQ1 cams but no 28.

Call around. The cams can be shipped and don’t fall under the dealer contract stuff. If you order a cam that are about $150. I have found old cams at shops for about $50.