Oliver Anthony - "Rich Men North Of Richmond" - Epic Music

Bit surprised I haven't saw this music video posted yet. I'm not one to spread social media trends, but this one hit hard with me.

Bro went from nobody to #1 on iTunes in a few days. Least I could do is go and buy his song for $1. And I hope more of ya'll will follow.

Thanks for sharing. I’m not on any social media so I typically miss the flash in the pan attention gainers. I’m a big fan of the message and the delivery. I’m sure both sides will try to co-opt it but if you actually listen to it you’d be hard pressed to put it in a political corner.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Dude was just making videos with his iPhone and then this happened. Pretty cool. He’s got a video he recorded in his truck before the release. Pretty good watch as well.

Adam B

FNG
Found him couple days ago and already downloaded his songs to my playlist

Moose63Pa

FNG
Found him on an Appalachian music channel the middle of last week. Shared it to a few people. He was playing for 40-60 people the begining of this year. This weekend he played in NC for over 6,000 people at a farmers market, and even had a guest appearance of Jamey Johnson!

Swamp Fox

WKR
This article has some good points about it

Per usual, SCM hits most nails on the head. Kinda missed pointing out Farmvillle is definitely not Appalachia, though, lying in the shadow of very blue and very affluent Charlottesville.

That's not to say Appalachian influence can't get above its raisin'. (I mean that in a good way.)

Highlight for me:

"Last time I checked Zach Bryan was from Oklahoma. But this is what you get from these viral moments: all kinds of uninformed media jumping into the feeding frenzy for clicks."

The song is okay. It's not awesome. Maybe you have to be from around here. I found the blond hair with the red beard and the disappearing/reappearing ladder stand to be problematic ...

;) .... LOL

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I think a lot of what the song talks about is spot on. I have listened to it several times since I first heard it a few days ago. It seems it resonates with a lot of people that enjoy freedom and aren't happy with the current trends.

fatlander

WKR
Per usual, SCM hits most nails on the head. Kinda missed pointing out Farmvillle is definitely not Appalachia, though, lying in the shadow of very blue and very affluent Charlottesville.

That's not to say Appalachian influence can't get above its raisin'. (I mean that in a good way.)

Highlight for me:

"Last time I checked Zach Bryan was from Oklahoma. But this is what you get from these viral moments: all kinds of uninformed media jumping into the feeding frenzy for clicks."

The song is okay. It's not awesome. Maybe you have to be from around here. I found the blond hair with the red beard and the disappearing/reappearing ladder stand to be problematic ...

;) .... LOL

Are you actually from/spent any meaningful amount of time in Central Virginia? The reason I ask, you are the only person I’ve ever heard put Farmville and Charlottesville in the same sentence. It’s an interesting take to compare the two in the manner you have. I spend considerable amount of time in each town and the surrounding counties. Most folks you see and meet in Farmville and Prince Edward county could chew the fat with just about anyone up any holler I’ve ever found myself in. Certainly couldn’t say the same about Charlottesville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Fox

WKR
Are you actually from/spent any meaningful amount of time in Central Virginia? The reason I ask, you are the only person I’ve ever heard put Farmville and Charlottesville in the same sentence. It’s an interesting take to compare the two in the manner you have. I spend considerable amount of time in each town and the surrounding counties. Most folks you see and meet in Farmville and Prince Edward county could chew the fat with just about anyone up any holler I’ve ever found myself in. Certainly couldn’t say the same about Charlottesville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gave many a ride from the Hook out to Farmville to friends late at night when we got done in the kitchen. Also flipped a canoe or two in the river in my day.

I didn't say the people act the same, just that Farmville isn't Appalachia.