Open carry?

Felix40

WKR
I carry every day but try my best not to even print. I don't know why you would want to attract that kind of attention by open carrying (except for the 10% off your meal).

For the record I'm pro-open carry and live in a state that allows it but can't think of many benefits.
#1 It’s easier to open carry. If it’s easy then I’m more likely to do it every day even when I’m not wearing baggy clothes that will cover a gun.

#2 It’s easier to carry a gun that will actually be useful in a gunfight. A pocket .380 is only going to get you so far.

#3 Most people don’t even pay enough attention to notice. As long as you don’t act in a way that draws attention I don’t think most people even see it.

#4 There’s no evidence to suggest that it makes you more of a target.

Maybe I’m biased from carrying one every day for work. I much prefer to contact people who open carry because at least I know where it is.

NB7

WKR
Never saw a discount...but I am in the crowd of you have the right to do it so go ahead... but 99% of the time you look like a Jack Wagon. Does it make me uncomfortable...no. Do I think that most of the people doing it hurt gun owners image by drawing attention to themselves on purpose while being complete tools..yes.
Yup. I carry every day, and while I support the choice to carry how you want, I also tend to agree with Pat MacNamara:
Concealed carry...basic dude stuff
Open carry...basic douche stuff

OP
S

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
It was in or near Quemado N.M. Nice elk country passed on dozens of 5pts and rage horns, more bulls seen then anywhere I have hunted . But never saw one I wanted to tag.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Never saw a discount...but I am in the crowd of you have the right to do it so go ahead... but 99% of the time you look like a Jack Wagon. Does it make me uncomfortable...no. Do I think that most of the people doing it hurt gun owners image by drawing attention to themselves on purpose while being complete tools..yes.
I agree with this, I would never opt for Open Carry when Concealed Carry is an option. Back when "Unloaded Open Carry" was a thing here in California a few years back, so many people were unfamiliar with the law that there was a 99% chance someone would call the cops on you.

sumyungguy

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Pretty common believe it or not. Happens in Wyoming and Montana alot from when I've visited there. Utah has a coffee shop that does 15% for open carry customers, gotta love pro 2A establishments.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Brother in law just got back from Rifle Colorado and was telling me about a little dinner there called “shooters” all the waitresses open carry.
The owner, a female (based on her looks, better be identifying as a female anyway :)), was elected to CO's House of Representatives last November.

As soft as CO is I'm very glad to see her in Congress.

Eddie