Opinion time... Problem or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... pretty interesting read!...I would have jumped in here earlier, but the title seemed liked another hunter's first world problem so didn't bother to read it. Very glad I did. First off, let start by saying I am Hmong. Secondly, I am quite disturbed to see such a credible hunting forum as Rockslide have a post like this. And third, I'm going to chime in, before this thread gets locked up.
So a brief background of myself, as I am more of a lurker and don't personal know anyone here, but truely appreciate all the great information on this site. I am first generation "American" born, here in the the great state of Montana, where I have lived most of my life. Grauduated high school and attended University of Montana with a BA in Geography/Cartography/GIS. Married with three unbelievable kids( 7yr old boy and 2yr old twin girls). Also, pround members of RMEF, TU, B&C Club and Pope and Young and local hunting organizations.
For those not in the known, a brief history lesson of who, what, where the Hmong people are. Hmong are mostly from Southeast Asia(Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) and some in Southern China. Hmong are hunters and gatherers that live in mountainous regions, who live off the land. The first immigrants to the U.S came after the end of the Vietnam war, where the Hmong people fought side by side with U.S. troops. One of the first refugee locations was Missoula, Montana, where a U.S. Forest Service smoke jumper turn CIA officer(the great Jerry Daniels)befriended a Hmong General(Vang Pao). This is how my grandfathers and grandmothers, aunts and uncles, and parents got to Montana. Fast forward 30 years later Hmong people are located all throughout the U.S. predominantly in California and Minnesota. It is estimated that there are 260k Hmong living in the U.S.
Thus, come full circle back to the OP comment of

"Who thinks its good to see the Hmong people getting outdoors and using our public lands?"

Sorry guy, this comment deserves to a contender for 2019 dumbest question post in a hunting forum. Sir, public lands means, public to all, including Hmong or any person, willing to enjoy these lands. I'm not going to play the race card because that is too easy. Instead, try to understand the purpose of this post. I can not say that your experiences with Hmong folks are true or false, elaborated or not. Only you know. And, trust me when I say, I have and many here on Rockslide would like to admit, unfortunately have done our fair share of picking up trash after others. But thank you for cleaning up the mess. What I can say is and many of my Hmong people will agree, is that we appreciate the land we hunt, live, and walk on. We respect all animals and we kill only what we will eat. Those that know me know I'm a big stickler for following the rules and going about things the legal way! Sure there are bad apples and we understand this more then others, as one bad thing is usually a black eye on the entire culture. I promise you, if you walk up to a individual Hmong person or a group of them, they are likely to be more timid of you. Not because they're doing something wrong, its part of our culture. We are taught to go about our own business, until someone comes and ask for help and not usually gun in hand to chat. So your likely never see a Hmong person encroach you at a hunting site, fishing hole, grocery store, etc, just to small talk. Some may proceed it as being rude, but we see it as not intruding in other's business. I'm also not going to comment on everything said about bad encounters with Hmong folks, but I can promise you there are likely more good ones then bad ones. But if shit is be done illegally, call your game and fish warden. A statement like, I call and nothing happen or warden don't care because the folks are enriching them is a big cop out. If these so called Hmong people are routinely illegally doing this, it is not going to help no one. So game and fish has to step in. Otherwise, folks are just going off hearsay!
So to the OP, I do not have a good suggestion for you that hadn't been cover already, but if your true main concern is the number of allocated deer licenses in that unit you hunt is over objective, you need to up that with your fish and game commission and not blame a certain ethnic group for legally purchasing them.

My question for you is if Hmong people no longer hunt this unit ever again, would you still have the same disesteem for Hmong folk. This OP is the question you need to seek. Also, feel free to PM me, with another questions or concerns. We may not come with every solution, but will better understand one another.
Lastly, on this ever long post of mine, a real big Thank You to all those folks that has post about seeing the bigger picture, I really appreciate it!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING too all of you!
Great post! Thank you! I'm white, I have 2 "adopted" sisters/cousins that I grew up with that are half black... I'm so sick of the race card - judge a person on their actions and virtues... Not their race or color... Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving! As a fellow Montanan, you are welcome at my fire anytime

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jesus Christ were Rollin now... Get off this thread and go enjoy Thanksgiving with your family though.

Hope nobody gets on the spirits this evening and decide to give a real uncensored opinion...

I am guessing that fueled the OP starting this thread.

Meatbuck, do you feel entitled to the deer around you? Do you feel these guys are taking "your" deer? I don't see a problem with a group hunting together for game. I see all kinds of races hunt in groups. What makes you feel "Hmong" in particular should be of concern?

Your prejudice shows, and this is one of the dumbest attempt at getting attention from other racist pricks such as yourself. Go ahead, claim that you aren't all you want, you do not fool anyone. I myself have seen many of your kind who don't think any other race but white folks should hunt. GTFO with your racist rant because you were unsuccessful because you only road hunt, so gotta blame someone right?

And for those who do not know, Hmongs have been hunters before your great granda hit puberty and married his sister.

Have a nice Thankstaking.

racism has always been and will always be ,part of the human condition.

there is only a problem for those who are sensitive about it. my thoughts are generally ,get over it ,or don't. makes zero difference to me either way.

one can't be offended unless they CHOOSE to be offended.

has anyone stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, there would be less racism if folks weren't such pansies?????
.I do not group any one ethnicity into this comment, I believe anyone who is concerned over racism is a pansy.

besides ,is it really racist for a member of the supreme race , to believe they are of the supreme race when those from the lower races ,keep telling them it is so??????????:rolleyes:😁

I do NOT believe myself to be racist BUT I AM very much prejudiced against those who are and claim not to be and act offended by pretty much any random comment ,anyone makes ,about any thing ,at any time.

Let me just point out that you are a racist prick. Go eat some more cornbread and maybe marry a sister. ✌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back