Optic Price Negotiation

In all my research for a scope on here I recently came across a thread where several people were discussing how they get a lower than listed price on high dollar scopes($1,500+). They used several terms that gave me the impression it was fairly common practice and one member even kind of laughed at the fact that people pay full price for these optics.

I don’t remember the terms they use(or the thread it was, I’ve been looking at dozens). But it was along the same lines of MSRP, sticker price, dealer price ect for car sales.

I’m a newbie to this and would absolutely fall into the category of paying full sticker price and it made me curious if I’m in the majority or minority. I’m aware of sites like dvor or buying “like new”, but I thought the topic of negotiating prices over the counter would be an interest one, and might even shed some light on how we can get better deals for ourselves.

Who else does this, or new this was a thing?

Axlrod

WKR
In all my research for a scope on here I recently came across a thread where several people were discussing how they get a lower than listed price on high dollar scopes($1,500+). They used several terms that gave me the impression it was fairly common practice and one member even kind of laughed at the fact that people pay full price for these optics.

I don’t remember the terms they use(or the thread it was, I’ve been looking at dozens). But it was along the same lines of MSRP, sticker price, dealer price ect for car sales.

I’m a newbie to this and would absolutely fall into the category of paying full sticker price and it made me curious if I’m in the majority or minority. I’m aware of sites like dvor or buying “like new”, but I thought the topic of negotiating prices over the counter would be an interest one, and might even shed some light on how we can get better deals for ourselves.

Who else does this, or new this was a thing?
I have been in sales a long time- everything is negotiable. I ALWAYS ask for a better price on high dollar stuff. Online places you will do better to call. Ask for open box, ask for a deal when buying multiple items at the same time. And if you are calling a sponsor of this forum tell them you saw their stuff here. Cameraland is awesome to deal with so give them a call!

Geologist

FNG
Call Doug at Cameraland (post #2 above). He WILL hook you up. I have bought several multi-thousand dollar optics from Cameraland and always got an exceptional price. They rarely can be beat.