Optima V2 recipes

madmoose

FNG
Folks that are shooting the cva optima v2. What concoction is working for you using NON Saboted loads?
Idaho.....cant have them.

Folks that are shooting the cva optima v2. What concoction is working for you using NON Saboted loads?
Idaho.....cant have them.

I have an Accura V2 and found success with 245gr PowerBelt Aero tip 50 cal. bullets and 90 grains by volume of Blackhorn 209. Taken a few deer and pronghorn with it.

OP
madmoose

madmoose

FNG
I have an Accura V2 and found success with 245gr PowerBelt Aero tip 50 cal. bullets and 90 grains by volume of Blackhorn 209. Taken a few deer and pronghorn with it.
Is there anything else you tried and didn't like how it performed?
Thanks for the feedback Colorado!

cvbot

FNG
I bought the fury bullet sizing pack and couldn’t get even the 0.501 down the barrel. I had most of my weight on the ramrod and thought I was going to break the range ramrod. Has anyone else had this problem with an optima v2?

IdahoHntr

WKR
I don't think either of those bullets are legal in Idaho. Unless the Fury has an all lead version. All lead bullets only in our great state.

To OP there aren't tons of options, but I have had good luck with No Excuses bullets in the past. The all lead powerbelts have shot well and are a joy to load, but I haven't liked their performance on game animals. I would try to work up a load with the No Excuses if it was me.