OR FNG

503Dan

FNG
Longtime lurker from Oregon. I’ve mostly read gear reviews. Forms contribution to the 6.5/.260 thread just convinced me to buy a creedmoor instead of another magnum. It’s a savage ultralite though not a tikka… so we’ll see if I can manage to fit in here.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new OR member.

Eddie

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from the Willamette Valley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inky_22

FNG
6.5cm? What’s your intended use? Oh and welcome, I’m also a FNG from OR

OP

503Dan

FNG
Mostly will be shooting blacktails 300 and in. Spring bear in the east side every 2-3 years. And I might hunt elk with it occasionally but I’m typically an archery hunter for elk. I’ve shot a .300 win for years, wanted a lighter rifle and was going to go for a 7 prc, but I’ve got multiple buddies killing bulls every year with a creedmoor, and the 6.5 .260 thread on here really sold me. Plus ammo availability and cost means I might actually shoot as often as I should.

Inky_22

FNG
Mostly will be shooting blacktails 300 and in. Spring bear in the east side every 2-3 years. And I might hunt elk with it occasionally but I’m typically an archery hunter for elk. I’ve shot a .300 win for years, wanted a lighter rifle and was going to go for a 7 prc, but I’ve got multiple buddies killing bulls every year with a creedmoor, and the 6.5 .260 thread on here really sold me. Plus ammo availability and cost means I might actually shoot as often as I should.
Right on, I’ve been hunting with 30 cal magnums as well but all this from Form and Ryan have me considering making the switch to a 6mm.

Hello from a fng from Willamette valley, oregon. I am thinking in buying a 6.5 creedmoor due to a shoulder injury.

OP

503Dan

FNG
Right on, I’ve been hunting with 30 cal magnums as well but all this from Form and Ryan have me considering making the switch to a 6mm.
Only reason I went for the 6.5 over a 6 um or 6 creed is I don’t reload

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a savage Ultralite in 6.5cm also, it is one of the most accurate rifles I own. Hopefully you have good luck with yours.

OP

503Dan

FNG
I’ve got a savage Ultralite in 6.5cm also, it is one of the most accurate rifles I own. Hopefully you have good luck with yours.
Are you shooting factory ammo? And if so what? I’m hoping precision hunter 143 grain shoots good for me.

TuckTruck

Lil-Rokslider
@503Dan Factory Berger 156 EOL and factory Hornady 147 ELDM. They both shoot identical out to 400.

Last edited: