Sierra Foothills FNG

Geologist

FNG
Quasi-FNG from NorCal Sierra foothills. I registered 7 years ago, then took some time off from hunting to pursue other interests (fly fishing, ww kayaking, jeep’n, ww rafting).

Decided to get back into it this year… I have an oh-so-hard to draw Cailf. D3-5 tag, a Calif. B tag, and an Oregon Elk tag for the Tioga unit. I’ve killed many deer in A-zone and D3-5 over the past 40 years (started when I was 12), plus a bunch of hogs, mix of bow and rifle hunting.

Rifle will be my trusty Tikka T3 in .30-06 with a Swaro Z3 3-10x42. I used to be heavy into bowhunting, but I have too many competing gear-intensive hobbies and not a great amount of time or interest to practice with the bow.

Depending on how this year goes I may burn some California points next year… I have 17 deer points right now… I also have 18 speed goat and 19 elk points.

Anyway, thanks for all the content over the years… a big reason I am so happy with my EL 10x42’s and ATC spotter are the gear reviews and feedback here. I also just decided to upgrade my rangefinder from a cheapo Bushnell (suitable for bowhunting only) to a Leica 2800.com, again, because of what I’ve learned here.

Cheers all!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our old member who has resurfaced.

Eddie

OP
G

Geologist

FNG
Thanks everyone... I'm excited to backpack some new country this year... more excited to go elk hunting in Oregon, which I've never done before.

OP
G

Geologist

FNG
There is still a mind blowing amount of snow in the high country. August will have amazing wildflowers and abundant water sources!

JohnnyB

WKR
We had a little snow to deal with last year during the archery opener in the higher areas of d5. Should be more this year. Planning to go check my trail cams in about two weeks if I can get back in there.