Oregon FICS delays...

richl025

FNG
Any other Oregon residents here stuck in a "delay" status?

I've been trying to buy a new rifle for 6 weeks now, and OSP will not return any emails or phone calls at the addresses listed on their website.

I just retired from the Army, I think I'm a pretty good security risk...

Apparently measure 114 is not being enforced since it's being litigated in Harney county, but all my local FFLs are too terrified to actually follow the current law...

lintond

WKR
I picked up a rifle in 30 minutes this weekend. Get your concealed permit and you’ll go thru much quicker. Instant approval on several checks since 114.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

richl025

FNG
buy from a store that will release in 3 days
I see we live in the same town. Have you found a FFL that will do that? Because I've pretty much called or visited every store in town without finding one that will do that... one of them said they would for "previous customers"... which doesnt help me as a new arrival.

wapitibob

WKR
hammer down on 3rd
I walked in and said I want that pistol right there, filled out the paper work, he said I was like 5,000 in line but could come back in 3 days and pick it up, which I did. Never been in the store prior, never been back.

FairWeatherFisher

Lil-Rokslider
You must have a pretty common name. I have bought 3 or 4 guns since 114 passed, and have never had to wait more than 2-5 minutes, and that was before getting my CHL. I’m told it’s because there’s not a lot of people with my last name out here, so there’s very few people for the system to confuse me with.

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a rifle a few weeks ago and got instant approval. Not sure if it's because of CHL, but I doubt it.

OP
R

richl025

FNG
hammer down on 3rd
I walked in and said I want that pistol right there, filled out the paper work, he said I was like 5,000 in line but could come back in 3 days and pick it up, which I did. Never been in the store prior, never been back.
Good to know, thanks! That's about the only shop in town I had not called or walked into & asked. I guess I should have been more persistent!

OP
R

richl025

FNG
I purchased a rifle a few weeks ago and got instant approval. Not sure if it's because of CHL, but I doubt it.
Maybe so? - the gun shop monkey at the first shop I tried told me that CHL holders were having an easier time. Problem is, it takes SIX MONTHS to get an appointment for a CHL application.

OR state law states they only have x amount of time after you apply, but it doesn't make allowances for the local sheriff preventing your application in the first place....

wapitibob

WKR
I did my concealed carry in one day online, the appointment to turn in docs and get finger printed took 6 months to get and less than 5 minutes at the office to complete. I had my license in hand in less than a week after the sheriffs appointment.

OP
R

richl025

FNG
You must have a pretty common name. I have bought 3 or 4 guns since 114 passed, and have never had to wait more than 2-5 minutes, and that was before getting my CHL. I’m told it’s because there’s not a lot of people with my last name out here, so there’s very few people for the system to confuse me with.
No, I have a very uncommon last name. I've been told in the past it's because I (was) active duty with a security clearance, but I find that hard to believe - Secret clearances are a dime a dozen on AD...

FairWeatherFisher

Lil-Rokslider
No, I have a very uncommon last name. I've been told in the past it's because I (was) active duty with a security clearance, but I find that hard to believe - Secret clearances are a dime a dozen on AD...
I was active army w/ a secret clearance as well, but it’s never caused any kind of delay for me.
The last name thing is what I was told causes most delays by a guy who just retired from OSP.