Oregon Spring Bear

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Looking through the threads, I haven’t see any discussion about spring bear for Mt. Emily in a while. I’m carrying 7 points now and I think I can get that tag. Anybody have any experience from last year in that unit for spring bear? I’m usually not hitting eastern Oregon until July so I don’t really know what to expect on the roads and snow? Should I prepare to hike in a stay? I’m pretty much an FNG in spring bear so any tips are appreciated. Feel free to message me if that’s better!

InDeep

WKR
Judging by the year we are having . This year will be really easy to get around in . And, agian if this maintains what we have seen this winter . Bears will be moving in early march . I wouldn't pack in for Bear unless you want that type of hunt. bear triangles are easy to find . Cover, sun angle , and water

This is great read .

OP
ccoffey

ccoffey

Lil-Rokslider
Judging by the year we are having . This year will be really easy to get around in . And, agian if this maintains what we have seen this winter . Bears will be moving in early march . I wouldn't pack in for Bear unless you want that type of hunt. bear triangles are easy to find . Cover, sun angle , and water

This is great read .
Thanks! I'll give it a read!

This is great read .

Great article. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lintond

WKR
I had the tag a couple years ago. The issue is snow drifts on the main access road on top keeping people clogged up. Guys with either tracks on their quad/sxs or snowmobiles were able to get in further and access more country. Most of that country is accessible by quad with a road on most ridges.

I didn’t see as many bears as I’d hoped and nothing that was eye popping. Everything I did see didn’t stick around in a spot very long to make any type of stalk possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk