Out of State Turkey hunts?

Titan_Bow

WKR
Guys,
With all the hysteria, are you still planning on any out of state turkey hunts? Right now, I am still planning on driving out to Nebraska, but I'm not buying my tags until closer to departure. Wondering how all this talk of curfew, and tightening down of "social distancing" is going to impact interstate travel? My fear is going out to rural BFE Nebraska for several days, then coming back into Denver area front range and running into hassles.

Diamond K

FNG
I will head to Kansas just as normal. Headed out next week to check out a new place or two. It is close enough to home that I can drive out non-stop which is how I normally would. Very limited contact with anyone.
No reason to stop living the life I worked hard to have.

Jbehredt

WKR
As far as I know I’m heading the same direction, Westminster to Nebraska and back a couple times in April. First trip on the 2nd.

biggest change of plans for me is that I was gonna hit south dakota and then head from there to kentucky but gonna skip SD and just do kentucky this year.

TheGreek

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 4th season Iowa tag this year, it’s about a 6 hour drive from where I live to where I wanna hunt. I’ll know more in about a month if I am gonna make it happen. Too much uncertainty right now to predict what May is gonna be like.

Sticking to VA and NC hunts as usual. Hunting is about the best you can ask for if you want some “social distance”.

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
Denver mayor just issued a "stay at home" order, I am sure all the surrounding Denver suburbs will follow suit. Really concerned with how this impacts Front rangers in Colorado from heading out to Nebraska later this week....

N2TRKYS

WKR
N2TRKYS, where did you plan to hunt ID and WA?
My long time hunting partner lives in Post Falls ID. I have hunted the ID side and plan to do both states next time out.

The Eastern side of Washington and didn't have a definite area in ID. If I tagged out in Washington, I was gonna jump over to ID and cover some ground. Not the best of plans, but oh well. Maybe next year. I'll put more research in on the ID leg next time. Lol

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
I've been watching this closely, as now the state of Colorado is under a state wide order. It does say outdoor recreation is allowed if practicing social distancing, but it also says no travel except for essential business. Anyone else planning on heading from Colorado to Nebraska this week or next?

bradb

WKR
I am really not sure how it will all work, I said I will fill up at the pump with a glove and not go in at any time, stay in a tent on the private land I hunt. Hell can't be any more social distant. Not sure they will see it my way. Sure the hell is better then working in the grocery business!

Lawnboi

WKR
I was all ready to do some extra social distancing out of state as well until all the shelter in place orders came. Lots of uncertainty. I’m not going anymore and unfortunately will have to eat my vacation time back at home

thanks spring breakers...

OP
Titan_Bow

Titan_Bow

WKR
Yeah, I was planning on bringing enough gas cans to not have to stop at gas stations on the way out, and was just going to tent camp in the area I would be hunting. These orders seem vague enough that my fear is I'm at the mercy of how a local LEO would interpret it...

I was planning on heading out to Kansas for the early archery season but I've since cancelled my trip. With the schools closed now it puts too much of a burden on my better half with a 1 year old and a 3.5 year old son at home.

I wouldn't think that the very vague restrictions that are in place right now would keep anyone from traveling and hunting turkey birds, but I could be wrong.