Outdoor vitals quilt

BlackSS

FNG
Who has one? Appreciate any input, seems like a good price if quality is there

I just picked on up. I’ve only had it out on one over night trip. I’m diggin it so far. It’s my first quilt

I would say pretty close at least. It got down to 20 and I was pretty toasty. I have 15 degree

dtrkyman

WKR
No quilt but have their zero degree bag, quality is good and I would say temp rating pretty close, I am a cold sleeper and have used it into single digits, saying I was all warm and cozy would be a stretch but it is quite good.

Seems after 5 hrs or so I get cold regardless of what I am in!

Nwmod39

FNG
Just bought a zero degree quilt to take on a trip in 3 weeks!!! Let you know then if it's not too late.

Nwmod39

FNG
Just returned from a 5 day backpack in the Salmo Priest Wilderness and it was a comfy quilt.

My wife didn't like it and wants a little more foot room....

If you are interested in one I would sell you this one.

0 degree used 4 nights

Jgann19

FNG
I am behind on the thread but I've ran the 0° bag for 3 years in some freezing temperatures and a buddy of mine ran the same quilt without an issue! It's good stuff! They have adjusted them prices as of late 🤨but still quality down!

Nwmod39

FNG
Honestly if you have the budget.... get a ugq quilt over the outdoor vitals quilt.

I have both and the ugq is worth the extra 100$-150$

I had one and sold it, not because of the quilt itself but because every time I rolled over it let cold air in waking me up. I used it in the 20’s, worked fine. I think for the price it’s a good buy. My buddy bought his at the same time as I did and loves it. Best wishes

I had one and sold it, not because of the quilt itself but because every time I rolled over it let cold air in waking me up. I used it in the 20’s, worked fine. I think for the price it’s a good buy. My buddy bought his at the same time as I did and loves it. Best wishes
Was this a product of the design of the quilt, or just quilts in general? I tried a quilt once and had a similar experience with drafts and being cold.

Nwmod39

FNG
Was this a product of the design of the quilt, or just quilts in general? I tried a quilt once and had a similar experience with drafts and being cold.
Drafts happen but if you use the compression straps that wrap around your pad and clip to the quilt it keeps the quilt from moving a bit.

My ugq is a wide quilt and with using 2 compression straps the quilt laysbover and down the side of my.pad

I honestly don’t think it was a design flaw. If you’re telling me those straps should have went around my pad then I screwed that up big time. Didn’t think for a second they were long enough for all of that. Regardless I picked up the marmot helium so hopefully I don’t have this issue anymore.

Sherman

WKR
Don’t know if I’m out of line here as I only have experience with hammock gear stuff, but doing my research I learned their stuff is comfort rated, not survival rated. I have a 20 degree under quilt and top quilt and have been in the single digits nice and toasty. This is on a hammock, not on the ground. I’ll never sleep on the ground again.

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a 15 degree long/wide version for 2 or 3 years. I like it. Had it down to 17 degrees and it was wonderful. Unfortunately it is the only quilt I have used. Other may be better but I do not know. If they are "better" I am never going back to a bag. I prefer the quilt over the mummy bad design hands down.

Greenbelt

Lil-Rokslider
I picked one up and tested it out for two nights. It's my first quilt. I plan on using a r4 pad and hunting early season in this with temps dipping down to 25-30 and up to 70 during the day. I will have puffies as a back up as well. I love the quilt, the quality, the weight savings is so amazing, but there is no way I would take this thing into below 25 degree weather, absolutely no way.