Outdoorsmans tripod center post mod

sr80

WKR
I did a little weight savings on my outdoorsmans tripod. My tripod is the original medium which they dont make anymore. So it only has one leg extension, perfect for sitting while glassing. I found the spec for the medium as 41.6 oz. Mine weighs in at 38.4 oz with the neoprene leg covers, i could save some weight by leaving those but i like them. I ordered the carbon fibre tubes on amazon for $34 CAD (came in a two pack) and then i removed the threaded section that has the tripod head stud from an old junky tripod and glued it into the tube.

70700117075__C1FD9EBD-8D22-4CED-880A-BE26DD89735C.JPEG

IMG_1371.jpegIMG_1306.jpeg

Do you want to sell the center section you took out ?

I need one because I thought I’d be OK without one and I prefer to stand when glassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren D

FNG
I did a little weight savings on my outdoorsmans tripod. My tripod is the original medium which they dont make anymore. So it only has one leg extension, perfect for sitting while glassing. I found the spec for the medium as 41.6 oz. Mine weighs in at 38.4 oz with the neoprene leg covers, i could save some weight by leaving those but i like them. I ordered the carbon fibre tubes on amazon for $34 CAD (came in a two pack) and then i removed the threaded section that has the tripod head stud from an old junky tripod and glued it into the tube.

View attachment 562303

View attachment 562304View attachment 562306
I like it. Ordered a CF tube to do the same to my Slik 633.

Do you want to sell the center section you took out ?

I need one because I thought I’d be OK without one and I prefer to stand when glassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you still need a center post? I think I have an extra in the garage I can look for if so.