Ozark trail wall tents? (Update with review!)

Pulled the trigger today on the 10x20 Ozark. Used to a Davis but from the reviews sounds like well worth the money? Pending storm up north should give the OP and good test? Waiting to hear?

Pulled the trigger today on the 10x20 Ozark. Used to a Davis but from the reviews sounds like well worth the money? Pending storm up north should give the OP and good test? Waiting to hear?
Weather should hit tomorrow night/Friday morning. Not gonna lie I’m a bit worried I’m about to destroy my $450 tent, but I’d rather do that now than have it fail in the middle of a hunt. My biggest concern is a tree/tree branch coming down on it with the wind/ice, which wouldn’t be the tents fault.

We’ll see, either way it will be interesting.😬

Well tent was holding up fine when I got up, then sometime this morning a gust of wind blew a big tree branch down from
the giant maple above it and it poked a hole through the roof. Not the tents fault, it was big enough of a branch it would’ve poked a hole in any fabric IMO. It’s repairable though, I bought a yard of 600D waterproof polyester canvas off Amazon and am lucky enough to have a friend who owns a party tent rental business and said he can do the repair.

Still, fairly impressed with how this thing is holding up otherwise. Even when the wind was really rocking at 20-30 mph the damn thing was barely flapping. Solid as I could ask for.

Gonna try and throw some tenacious tape on the rip as a temporary repair and if that holds I might sleep in it tonight as long as the wind dies down a bit.

01FDC813-6584-4CBC-946C-FB618E0BE315.jpeg9F1227E5-AFE8-4DAF-BEDC-BFF66A6C722F.jpeg2D9E9F7F-9F99-49A2-8831-758F5BFC33BE.jpeg

Last edited:
Well tent was holding up fine when I got up, then sometime this morning a gust of wind blew a big tree branch down for the giant maple above it and it poked a hole through the roof. Not the tents fault, it was big enough of a branch it would’ve poked a hole in any fabric IMO. It’s repairable though, I bought a yard of 600D waterproof polyester canvas off Amazon and am lucky enough to have a friend who owns a party tent rental business and said he can do the repair.

Still, fairly impressed with how this thing is holding up otherwise. Even when the wind was really rocking at 20-30 mph the damn thing was barely flapping. Solid as I could ask for.

Gonna try and throw some tenacious tape on the rip as a temporary repair and if that holds I might sleep in it tonight as long as the wind dies down a bit.View attachment 491321
Man, that stinks. Glad to see it held up to the wind though! Did you use the stakes it came with, or use others?
Have you tried the stove out in there yet?

Man, that stinks. Glad to see it held up to the wind though! Did you use the stakes it came with, or use others?
Have you tried the stove out in there yet?
Just used the stakes it came with, they seem to be holding just fine.

Stove seems to work great, used it the other night when I stayed in it. Was only down to about 25F but did just fine getting the tent up to the mid 60s before I went to bed after about 30 min of running it. It still had warm coals in the morning when I got up.

Really great review you're doing here, appreciate the time you're putting into it and updating us.
Happy to! Enjoy testing new gear… One of the fun things about the off season. Might as well share it.

Kicking myself for setting it up in the yard rather than out along my drive where there aren’t any tall trees. I was worried about branches but convinced myself I’d rather have it near the house to keep an eye on it.

Oh well, even if my buddy can’t do it I’ve got an awning shop a few blocks from my work that can probably patch it up, and it was a good reminder to put a patch kit in the tent bag in case this happens while we’re out hunting next year.

Was wondering how things went? Sorry about the branch but glad to hear it held up thru the wind. Mine showed up Saturday in two boxes. Surprised how much each weighted? Pretty darn heavy. Hoping to open them up maybe later this week. Good luck with the repair thanks for the update. Will post if We learn anything with our first set up.

Was wondering how things went? Sorry about the branch but glad to hear it held up thru the wind. Mine showed up Saturday in two boxes. Surprised how much each weighted? Pretty darn heavy. Hoping to open them up maybe later this week. Good luck with the repair thanks for the update. Will post if We learn anything with our first set up.
Went well! Spend last night in it (low single digits.) Got it up to about 65F after about an hr. The hole in the roof probably didn’t help otherwise I probably could’ve gotten it warmer. Stove still warm in the morning morning, in fact still had some hot coals this afternoon when I tore everything down.

Should be taking it in to get repaired this week. I also pulled one of the grommets out (pin that goes in the frame) when I was taking it down. I was manhandling it a bit, but something to look out for.

Other than the tree branch and the grommet the thing is solid. I have no question it will handle anything that gets thrown at us next year as long as we keep the snow build up from getting too bad. It’s no traditional wall tent, but overall I’m impressed for the money. It also seemed to do well with condensation. It happened, but it wasn’t severe.

I’d say it’s 80% of the performance of a traditional wall tent for less than a 3rd of the price.

View attachment 490327
Bought a wilderness 4 stove from the wall tent shop and set it up in the yard. Planning on leaving it up for this big winter storm that’s going to roll through later in the week.

If it’s going to fail, I want to find out now rather than next fall. We’ll see how it holds up! Supposed to get 50 mph gusts, snow, ice, and temps down to around 0 F. I probably won’t see those kind of winds due to being back in the woods, but it will still be a good test! If it handles this, I think it will handle anything I’ll experience next October barring some extreme weather event.
I have the 10x12 with jack. I've has it up since mid July. It's held up well. However it failed yesterday when we had strong wind gusts. For full disclosure though, one side facing the direction of the gusts wasn't guy lined as well as it should have been. But I gotta tell you, it held strong for 4 months and some change.

Had a chance to use the 10x20 Ozark over the weekend. After 3 days and nights with temps in the low 30s.
Overall nice tent for the money. No real issues discovered just need to work through the set-up without placing a lot of force on the poles. They are adequate but no more. We typically do not use a full floor in our wall tents. A canvas tarp covering the bunk area usually does it. After three days condensation is a concern. Although we use a wood stove the ground moisture, and ambient humidity caused significant water on inside tent surface. Because of this we are going to try using the floor that comes with the tent. Hoping it will reduce the moisture inside?
Like said Great Wall tent package for the money.8B7CAB1F-00E3-4F64-B088-8B3D11E24699.jpeg

CD7F69EF-D3EE-4F6E-98A5-62424C998B5E.jpeg

0BE0E540-2B4B-4437-94D3-3955CA3C47C4.jpeg

Had a chance to use the 10x20 Ozark over the weekend. After 3 days and nights with temps in the low 30s.
Overall nice tent for the money. No real issues discovered just need to work through the set-up without placing a lot of force on the poles. They are adequate but no more. We typically do not use a full floor in our wall tents. A canvas tarp covering the bunk area usually does it. After three days condensation is a concern. Although we use a wood stove the ground moisture, and ambient humidity caused significant water on inside tent surface. Because of this we are going to try using the floor that comes with the tent. Hoping it will reduce the moisture inside?
Like said Great Wall tent package for the money.View attachment 499742

View attachment 499743

View attachment 499744
I used the floor and it did seem to help with the condensation.

My dad and I just purchased one of these this year and took it on a week long archery hunt in Colorado. The tent did just fine in fair weather, but I will say the frame is pretty light duty. If hunting late season and very much snow is suspected, I would consider extra bracing to add to the current frame, or you could always make or buy a sturdier frame.(Although, buying another tent may be more cost efficient at that point) We added a rain fly with a 8’ over hang for a “porch” area. We made a frame from 1” pipe. We were very pleased with this tent for th
Did you bend a new angle kit or find one online for the upgraded pipe? Just bought 20x10 and that 3/4" I don't think will be Colorado friendly.
My dad and I just purchased one of these this year and took it on a week long archery hunt in Colorado. The tent did just fine in fair weather, but I will say the frame is pretty light duty. If hunting late season and very much snow is suspected, I would consider extra bracing to add to the current frame, or you could always make or buy a sturdier frame.(Although, buying another tent may be more cost efficient at that point) We added a rain fly with a 8’ over hang for a “porch” area. We made a frame from 1” pipe. We were very pleased with this tent for the money

Did you bend a new angle kit or find one online for the upgraded pipe? Just bought 20x10 and that 3/4" I don't think will be Colorado friendly.
The frame we built, was just for the 8’ overhang on the front. We used the existing frame for the tent itself.

The frame we built, was just for the 8’ overhang on the front. We used the existing frame for the tent itself.
Would love to see some pics of your overhang you made. I bought the 10x20 over the winter and plan on using it this fall for archery season in Colorado, and was thinking about needing a vestibule for enjoying the weather outside or having a place to keep gear if we have more people in camp and need the inside space.

Still liking this OP? Mine is showing up Thursday and plan to do a yard setup.

Keep us posted please!
Big fan. 35 min setup. This was just a backyard camp but it was pretty solid once staked out. We had 30 mph winds last weekend. I think for 250 it's worth it. My plan is to trial this and see how much use it gets. If it lasts a couple years and I see value I'll consider upgrading.

Attachments

• 20231020_144832.jpg
    20231020_144832.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20231020_144815.jpg
    20231020_144815.jpg
    633.7 KB · Views: 66
Back