PA ELK ANYBODY????

FLATHEAD

WKR
Anybody get the call? I think the drawing was on the 20th.
Just checked my account, no results.

Quackshack

Lil-Rokslider
My understanding is PGC calls everyone who draws. No phone call for me. I saw the list on an outfitters FB page. My name was missing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Another year of donating to the cause for me. I only have 6 points now.

One of my employees was down near Cross Fork yesterday and sent me this picture.

50b6903d0a808fceec8da6f6936265c3.jpg

Cant believe that PA never made it so it was a 90/10 R/NR split....

I'm also shocked that they don't force you to buy a hunting license to enter the drawing.....

Maybe I should tell my family up there to start pushing the issue with their local politicians and get a PA Task Force set up to help move these ideas forward.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Seriously though I actually know a guy who killed a HUGE bull in PA back when they first started having seasons.

And I am glad they make it fair for everyone.

It truly is a special hunt for anyone who can draw the tag. Hoping to see someone from here draw a tag one day.

jarrettd

FNG
Point only this year for me. Im interested in archery Bull tag. I believe you have you build up about 20 points to have a snowballs chance in hell. Anyway... still fun to dream about hunting these magnificent creatures in my home state!

Id love to see some posts from people on here that have actually done it.

RS3579

WKR
I drew a 2020 cow tag zone 4. I went DIY, and was successful the 1st day at high noon. I had 6 points at the time. Good luck to all that apply.

Kauffy

FNG
Negative on all the seasons for me. My neighbor killed a 400+" bull the first year they had archery. Also killed a much smaller bull in Montana archery the same year, he preferred the Montana bull. Can't beat the mountain experience but man the PA bull is gorgeous

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

SIR_34:16

FNG
Screenshot_20220824-091619-169.png

Lol! As a PA resident reading some of the posts on RS I'd be lying if I said that thought never crossed my mind. The first modern elk hunt was in 2001, so there are guys in the pool that have their name in the hat 21 times at this point, and going up every year. It's a pick of the hat drawing, so anyone just getting in could draw but odds of drawing a general season tag are about like a snowballs chance in.......

I still make my annual "donation" to help support the resource though.