PA/VA FNG

Patexalva

FNG
Hello everyone. FNG here. PA native living in the New River Valley of SW VA. Heading out west this year for the first time for archery elk and am beyond excited!

Jbxl20

WKR
Welcome from PA. Archery elk is an awesome experience. I’ll be out there again this year as well. 👍

OP
P

Patexalva

FNG
Many thanks! I'm just starting to get serious about working out, starting acquire some gear, and narrowing down the list of draws to apply for (and OTC units if we don't draw). Definitely getting excited.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Welcome to Rokslide from another PA native living in the NRV.
If you want to stay in practice with your bow there is a 3D at Sherwood Archers over by Roanoke this weekend. And there is plenty of space around here to wear your loaded pack up and down the hills to get a workout.
Best of luck heading west this fall!

OP
P

Patexalva

FNG
Welcome to Rokslide from another PA native living in the NRV.
If you want to stay in practice with your bow there is a 3D at Sherwood Archers over by Roanoke this weekend. And there is plenty of space around here to wear your loaded pack up and down the hills to get a workout.
Best of luck heading west this fall!
My buddy and I were just talking about finding a local 3D shoot! I am actually waiting on a new set of arrows to come in (and I have vday plans this weekend) otherwise I'd be all over that. I'll have to see if they've got more shoots in the spring. Thanks for the heads up!

I definitely have some rucks planned for this year as the W&J forest is about a 5 minute drive away.

Which part of PA are you from? Im from south of Harrisburg. I've been living out if the state for about 7 years now but I'd like to get back eventually

OP
P

Patexalva

FNG
Awesome! thanks again for the info. I will definitely head out there this spring