Pack for archery and camera gear

bwp

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a new pack to carry to the stand. I’ll have my camera and miscellaneous hunting gear…calls, knife, first aid, water. I don’t carry stands in and never haul meat out in a pack. My current pack is the badlands super day.

pirogue

WKR
Don’t know what your present pack’s capacity is, but my favorite “carry to the stand” pack is the original Kifaru Antero, at about 1700ci. It has the handle on top, and when hung next to the tree, it minimizes silhouette. The new Antero version, 2.0 version I believe, has the handle lowered as if it is designed for someone behind you to grab on for help up the hill. It doesn’t provide a low profile to the tree, like the original version.

I dont know the capacity you need, but the best treestand packs Ive used early season are Eberlestock Bandit and Kifaru E&E with a med belt pouch. If I have space, Ill find a way to carry more gear up the tree than I need. Both of them are smaller packs, but if you arent packing meat or stands, they might work. The Bandit has sort of a build in grab it that you can lash a layer on the outside as well.

Later season, the Shape Charge and a cheaper option that feels similar, the Eberlestock Switchblade. The kuiu divide 1200/1500/2000 are solid options as well.