Pack help for fun size wife

Wright406

WKR
My wife currently has a SG Krux Evo (26" frame) and it's not working. I'm fully aware of load lifter angles and all that but just seeing what recommendations you may have for her that your significantother has actually not used. Not assumption. Her size is 5'1" 115lb and 26" waist. The Kifaru tactical is too heavy but the ultralight 24" option stays may work. Also looking at a Kuiu setup (24"frame too.

Thanks all!

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our packs are specifically designed for short people. @loggerchas daughter has been using one for a couple years, and a few other women have them as well. They easily handle a proportionate load (30-40% of body weight) as well as a full-size pack, and women are smart enough to keep loads reasonable.

I’d even make a bag in “girl camo” if she wants.

twall13

WKR
I was going to suggest you look at Western Edge packs but I see the owner already commented on the thread. Should be a great load hauling pack for a smaller framed person. Looks like you are used to Kifaru so you should feel right at home as it's a similar design, just sized down.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Graves14

WKR
The new Exo Women’s frame was designed for someone exactly like her. 19.5”-21” adjustable frame height, harness cut specifically for a woman’s shape, and dang light at under 5lbs to boot.

My wife currently has a SG Krux Evo (26" frame) and it's not working. I'm fully aware of load lifter angles and all that but just seeing what recommendations you may have for her that your significantother has actually not used. Not assumption. Her size is 5'1" 115lb and 26" waist. The Kifaru tactical is too heavy but the ultralight 24" option stays may work. Also looking at a Kuiu setup (24"frame too.

Thanks all!
Look at a Gregory deva. Amazingly comfortable. Specific for women in every detail. Holds 15-20% body weight with ease and comfort. We tried ALL the big brands and landed here. Extra plus it’s customizable for shoulder straps , belt, and frame.

OP
Wright406

Wright406

WKR
The new Exo Women’s frame was designed for someone exactly like her. 19.5”-21” adjustable frame height, harness cut specifically for a woman’s shape, and dang light at under 5lbs to boot.
When was that released? I don't see it on their site

mlgc20

WKR
My daughter is just a bit shorter and a little lighter. She hunts with a Gossamer Gear Mariposa. It’s a 60 liter pack that weighs 28 ounces. Obviously, this is an ultralight setup that is quite a different approach than your normal bombproof hunting pack (like my EXO K3).

Blackbird

FNG
Exo is supposed to be coming out with a women's specific pack soon. I have also seen them post that you could give them a call and they would work with you when it was further out from release. Not sure if that is still the case, but worth a try.

My wife has a mystery ranch pop up 28.
Works great except that it is fairly small.
Can use the load shelf and there is ability to strap on stuff with the pop up frame. Handles weight well.
A women's specific harness is the only belt that is functional. Small SG and kuiu belts didn't cinch down far enough. 20201001_205308.jpg

OP
Wright406

Wright406

WKR
Awesome. Thanks for all the replies. We're looking for about 4000ci for 5 day trips

LionHead

WKR
I'm in the same boat as you, my lady is 5'0 about 110#

I started off giving her my Xing omni frame pack but it didn't really carry all the camp gear she needed.

I ended up with a 22" kifaru frame, short shoulder straps and an extra small belt (25"-29")

Unfortunately none of the kifaru options were meant for those of small stature for multi-day carry and the big bags DO NOT fit the 22 frame well.

I ended buying a nomad1 and had Pods8 attach a chopped down camp bag to it. Essentially making a mini EMR2. This has worked well for a few seasons.

The 357mag on a 22" frame would be about perfect, although this could be another option if internal is your thing

fa4a80dfe5f6cbf102ce1c25a15580b2.jpg
323ddee17a01f6d9156c4f73c0a22d33.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

wre280

FNG
My wife is a tad bit taller at 5’6 but similar kind of build, but she had a similar issue with some of the other packs fitting correctly too. Switched her up to a either a small or medium mystery ranch pintler this previous season and she absolutely loves the thing