Paint Tent

WoodBow

WKR
I would discourage it. It will add a good bit of weight and decrease packability. I would just sell it and buy in a color you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I would think you would want to dye it....but first know your primary colors. grin

Dying waterproof fabric is tough.

To get the dye to hold, you will have to soak in a fairly caustic vinegar solution even then its not going to work well.........then hit it with a couple applications of silicone waterproofing.

22lr

WKR
For what it's worth, I've had some luck posting stuff for sale and just specifying you would be interested in a trade of a different color. Can't even count how many times I've gotten stuff that I wish I had gotten in another color. I went through my "everything must be camo" phase, and realize now, for stuff like shelters I just prefer hi to semi-hi vis or at a minimum just a solid neutral color. It's all personal preference, but never be afraid of throwing something up for trade with an offer of "I'll pay shipping + $20 to swap with someone" or something like that. You'd be surprised how many people want different colors of their current gear. Just make it worth the time/risk for someone to take you up on the offer.

That said, I've done some small fabric painting projects. Very lackluster success. It adds weight, always smells funny, but also is very susceptible to wear over time. Highly recommend going with the dye route, but I've only ever messed around with dye on regular fabric not anything waterproof. This is where it pays to have test material you don’t mind really messing up if you get it wrong. YouTube will show you how to dye almost anything just don’t be afraid to ruin the first couple test subjects. That would be my biggest warning, and why I don’t mess with it anymore. It's really easy to turn your gear from something you just don’t really like, to something you can't afford to be seen with...