Pants advice -Sitka/SG

sr80

WKR
Are they loud like some of the others have been saying? My concern with the zips on the inside would be some chafing in that area. That’s been fine though, I assume?
They have a tiny bit of swish i would say, not the quietest pants out there but i dont see it as an issue for me, all the SG pants seem to quieten up with washes. No issues with the inner thigh zips chafing, they are positioned just ahead of the center line of the inside of your legs so they dont pose as an issue.

OP
chav0_12

chav0_12

FNG
They have a tiny bit of swish i would say, not the quietest pants out there but i dont see it as an issue for me, all the SG pants seem to quieten up with washes. No issues with the inner thigh zips chafing, they are positioned just ahead of the center line of the inside of your legs so they dont pose as an issue.
That makes sense, thank you! I think I'll probably end up with the 206 and I'm still considering the Sitka Intercept pant too.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm needing some new pants to hunt this year's archery and rifle season since my First Lite pants are falling apart. I've been looking hard at the Stone Glacier 206 and the De Havilland Lite. At the same time I've been considering the Sitka Mountain and Traverse pants. I'd like to hear from some people that have experience with these pants and perhaps would like to hear some comparisons.
Check Out Forloh:

AllClima Stretch Woven Pant​

100% sourced and Made in America

OP
chav0_12

chav0_12

FNG
Last week my SG 206 pants came in, there're really slick. This morning I couldn't pass up a deal on the Intercepts so hopefully those should be here around the end of the week. Bad news is that I think I might still need a pair of later season pants.

OP
chav0_12

chav0_12

FNG
If you get the intercepts, report back, would like to hear some feedback.
Well my Intercept pants just arrived this afternoon. First impressions out of the box: they’re heavier and thicker than I was expecting them to be. Putting them on, I think I like the fit more than the 206s. The hip vents are a lot bigger than the vents on the 206s but I still think the placement of the 206 vents will allow more heat to dump. The Intercepts are slimmer fit all the way down and I like that more, but I do still like the fit on the 206. The knee pads don’t seem to be in the way at all, but I feel like they are keeping some warmth in.

Here in about 10 days I’ll get to try them both out chasing elk and I’ll see which ones I like more.

Last edited:
Well my Intercept pants just arrived this afternoon. First impressions out of the box: they’re heavier and thicker than I was expecting them to be. Putting them on, I think I like the fit more than the 206s. The hip vents are a lot bigger than the vents on the 206s but I still think the placement of the 206 vents will allow more heat to dump. The Intercepts are slimmer fit all the way down and I like that more, but I do still like the fit on the 206. The knee pads don’t seem to be in the way at all, but I feel like they are keeping some warmth in.

Here in about 10 days I’ll get to try them both out chasing elk and I’ll see which ones I like more.

I got a pair of Intercepts last week. My initial impression was that they were heavier than expected, but then I realized that 4oz of the weight was the knee pads. Without the knee pads, they weigh just over 16oz. The 206 pants are 15.4. I expected them to be about as thick as the mountain pants since both are a 2 rating on Sitka's site, but I'd say they are a little thinner than the mountain pants. They're thicker than the Ascent pants, but time will tell if the vents make them run cooler than the Ascents do. They fit well (same as all sitka pants for me), and they are definitely going to be my new favorite and most-worn pant.

I have not worn the 206 pants other than to try on in the store, but as I stated in an earlier ppst, I don't love how the SG pants fit me. I suspect the inner thigh vents on the 206s dump heat very well.

Looking forward to hearing your follow-up review after chasing elk in them!

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
Just to throw something else into the mix, Prana is making the original stretch zion pant again. No hip vents but they breathe well enough I haven't felt the need for them yet. Fairly quiet and durable as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
chav0_12

chav0_12

FNG
Just to throw something else into the mix, Prana is making the original stretch zion pant again. No hip vents but they breathe well enough I haven't felt the need for them yet. Fairly quiet and durable as well.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I appreciate it but I just spent a bunch of money on pants and don’t think I’ll be buying anymore warm weather pants for at least a few years. Now I need to figure out what I want for rifle season hunts here in Montana.

I’m thinking Stone Glacier M7 or the Sitka Timberline. Or something along those lines. I have a buddy that has the M7s and he likes them a lot.

I appreciate it but I just spent a bunch of money on pants and don’t think I’ll be buying anymore warm weather pants for at least a few years. Now I need to figure out what I want for rifle season hunts here in Montana.

I’m thinking Stone Glacier M7 or the Sitka Timberline. Or something along those lines. I have a buddy that has the M7s and he likes them a lot.
M7 is a rain pant. I have seen and read a guys using them in cold wet weather. Just understand if the weather is somewhat mild you will get hot quick if you are moving around.

OP
chav0_12

chav0_12

FNG
M7 is a rain pant. I have seen and read a guys using them in cold wet weather. Just understand if the weather is somewhat mild you will get hot quick if you are moving around.
Yeah, for sure. I'm thinking more of those late crappy November days here in MT when mild weather ceases to exist. We had a few of those this last year. I like that they add more than just a rain pant as they do have the fleece lining. We'll see, I still have a couple of months before I need to get those kind of pants. If it all works out hopefully my tags will be filled by then and I can wait until next year.

OP
chav0_12

chav0_12

FNG
Looking forward to hearing your follow-up review after chasing elk in them!
After using the Intercepts for a few days I’d say I like them quite a bit. The vents are invaluable and I’m not sure I’ll ever buy a pair of hunting pants without them. They are durable, no snags or piling from busting through alders and some sticker bushes. They were quiet. I didn’t get them for cooler weather but I definitely see these pants being a multi-season pant, they definitely seem like they’ll be able (with proper layering) to go into rifle season. Unfortunately, probably because out of the box I seemed to like the Intercepts more, I didn’t wear the 206s to give them a good comparison. I’ll be going out a few more weekends before the weather turns and it’s rifle season and I’ll give the 206s a fair shake. I’m not sure the Intercepts are worth almost $300 but they’re a good pant, definitely worth what I paid for them.