Paying for someone to scout

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby, what do you mean?

He said he finds something like 3-4 bucks per year he can't get to. he'll have a line out the door for those bucks.

In 19 years of running a similar business, there's never been a year I didn't have more business than I could get to and in some years turned away more than I actually took, and he's promising a lot more than we ever did.

Clarktar

WKR
Feel free to hire me!

I understand what you are saying now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is Not for me,but to each their own.......I enjoy the entire process, scouting, planning, buildup and work in finding my animals. Things earned with sweat and hardwork provide more personal satisfaction than something purchased.

Zbot

WKR
This is Not for me,but to each their own.......I enjoy the entire process, scouting, planning, buildup and work in finding my animals. Things earned with sweat and hardwork provide more personal satisfaction than something purchased.

Sometimes folks just don't have time like that. Some years are busier than others, especially for guys that receive a big project or order after putting in for that tag. Others deploy or have issues come up that prohibit them from scouting.

I see where a service like that could come in handy.

Gross would probably be the word I would use.. I'm with Ross, I would rather shoot another dink then use something like this.

Also I think he needs to check on not having a permit, if you take a photo on NF land and sell it for money I am pretty sure you need a permit.

Last edited:

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wonder how he wears his hat brim

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For another 2K we will hang a stand. $500 for a mock scrape ($750. w/ scent) and Ozonics rental for $350/day. Need a decoy? Videographer? Field dressing services? Packing assistance? Let's round it out to 5K and we'll throw in a free preliminary rack scoring. Will that be check, charge or cash? We offer a cash discount.

For another 2K we will hang a stand. $500 for a mock scrape ($750. w/ scent) and Ozonics rental for $350/day. Need a decoy? Videographer? Field dressing services? Packing assistance? Let's round it out to 5K and we'll throw in a free preliminary rack scoring. Will that be check, charge or cash? We offer a cash discount.

Is that how much your "bison hunt" went for.... Nothing like a ****ing hypocrite throwing stones from a glass house.

ckleeves

WKR
Nothing quite like selling out something as incredible as a 190" buck for a quick $. Crazy that Wyoming would legalize prostitution. I guess the guys that can't get it on their own can always buy it.

Let's face it, in this age hunting really isn't all that difficult do we really need the exact location of a deer to be successful? Money is taking the HUNT out of hunting one dollar at a time.

Michael Pawul

Lil-Rokslider
Is there really that much difference between this service and a hunting guide? This isn't personally something that I would do, but I wouldn't hire a guide either. I too enjoy all of aspects of scouting, stalking, hunting, etc, and you couldn't pay me to take any of it away. I would rather strike out solo or out with my friends than pay for this kind of service, but to each their own I guess...

Bar

Banned
I've always felt scouting is part of the hunt. Why would you want someone else doing your hunt? How can that be rewarding?

If you can't find the time to do it yourself. Maybe you shouldn't be hunting.

sfischer

FNG
This is my back yard, I would do what he's offering for less! NOT! The pressure already is crazy. Not to be a a__hole but why isn't he killing these big bucks on a yearly basis? I just lost all my respect for Brian and his website. Sad it has come to this. Anybody want to know where there is some good fishing? I'll take picks of the stream and tell you where to park! I could keep going on but not worth it.

OP
ColoradoBackpackHunter
This is my back yard, I would do what he's offering for less! NOT! The pressure already is crazy.

This is what I was curious about. A couple of guys could go in on one of his GPS coordinates and have free go at the area. It is public land but to me this is exploitation.

Robby nailed it, this dude will have people lined up for a mile.

On the topic of paying someone to scout for you, it's a great option for out of state hunters. A friend and I used Robby's services a few years back to nail down an area to hunt in SE Idaho. We didnt kill any booners, but we had a great trip and I wouldn't hesitate to use his services again. Beats driving 18hrs to an area you've never been and just taking your chances. Robby, can you tie a big one to a tree for me next time? Oh, and don't forget the GPS coords please.