PDI Tikka T3/T3x Featherweight Group Buy

Bourney

FNG
Hi Rokslide members,

Firstly, to those that have been sending emails about this group buy, apologies for not getting this up sooner.

Now onto the details of whats in this group buy, to keep things simple, we will offer a set package; the LR Featherweight build that we offer locally, which includes enough extras to makesure that no matter what the final role of the rifle, you shouldn't need anything more for the stock, just drop it in, torque it to 35inch/lbs and go. (we do still always suggest bedding with devcon or marinetex just to milk that last percentage of accuracy out of the rifle). This ends up being a slightly more expensive package than the average guy would normally get but we can't do 10 different stocks and for this initial batch we just want you guys to get what we sell a lot of here in Australia. I've had a good read through the forum, it seems the guys getting out there do it very similar to what we do locally when we decide to go that extra mile and pack into so remote and hard hunting but very rewarding country. Since launching the Mountain rifle/LR featherweight optioned build, it has become our best seller (hence my delay in putting the group buy plans together).

GROUP BUY LINK: (Use Password "rockslide") - PRICES ARE IN AUD (divide all prices by approx 1.43 to convert and remove aussie GST)

Bolly Composites Stocks Featherweight Rifle Stock - PDI

IMG_7647.jpg

Key features, Our stocks for the Tikka T3 and T3x all include these standard features:
  • 100% Carbon Shell
  • Carbon Composite action area core material
  • Filled buttstock and forend with recoil absorber and a carbon composite low density matrix - No Air pockets or expander foam
  • Airtech Limbsaver
  • Right Hand Tikka T3/T3x Action Inlet
  • Tikka T3/T3x Factory DBM Inlet
  • Lumley Arms Front and rear pillars and replacement Action Screws
  • Lumley Arms Titanium Recoil Lug
  • Full Coat of Ruff-Tuff Textured coating
  • 2 American Made Grovetec flush cups, 1 one the left hand side of the buttstock and 1 on the left hand side of the forend in line with the BT15 rail
  • 1 American Made Atlas/Accushot BT15 Rail on the forend (includes in built Flush Cup for further sling options)
  • 2 American Made Grovetec spare machine thread sling studs (to replace rail if desired for using Harris style bipods)
  • Lumley Arms (straight or swept (Right Hand)) Titanium Replacement Bolt Handle and Carbon Fibre Bolt Knob

Featherweight stock weight, is approx 600 Grams / 1.3lbs / 21oz inletted with recoil pad (approx 200grams/25% lighter than T3 plastic stock) With all the bits and pieces it should be slightly heavier, I'll endeavour to put all the bits and pieces on set of scales with the stock this weekend and weigh it. We are aiming to use a layer of carbon normally reserved for our very expensive F Class stocks to keep the weight down to 21 to 22oz even with recoil pad, flush cups, rail, etc etc. I'll have a firm answer on this soon. BUT! The main group we sell these stocks to, are happy with the standard weight of a t3 stock and the standard ergonomics (this is the ambidextrous slightly improved for strength twin of the factory stock), it is simply stiffer and manages torque and recoil better, these are the reasons we suggest upgrading the stock on your tikka. If you are a hunter who fires a half dozen rounds a year to check zero and then harvest at a couple hundred yards, then plastic stock is fine. These are designed to and spec'd to turn a factory tikka into the equivalent of a custom ultralight build in terms of precision.

I'll add more pictures on the weekend, but basically see the website or facebook page (Precision Defence Industries | Facebook) for pics and video's.

Ok, the big one, price, we are trying to get this down, but it stands at $750USD delivered to the USA (with ten stocks ordered), but we priced up all the extras, and we have included over $150USD worth and about $50USD of shipping. We believe that all the options are worth the extra money and suggest most people would be making the changes anyway, lighter bolt handle with better ergonomics, flush cups for smooth buttstock and clean tracking for LR shooting, rail for more stable bipods etc.

Just a personal note here, our philosphy is to make light stocks that can perform at long range though and we have found that the rear stud can be an issue so flush cups have been a revolution for us here in oz when shooting out to 800 yards and beyond. We try and talk people out of using the traditional sling arrangement especially if they intend to use it for honing skills on steel.

I will read every word on this thread, so if its really wanted then we will look at pricing up some standard fitouts with just the bedding kit and airtech, a pair of flush cups and a single stud up front. So if you are interested in this please comment on the thread, let us know what you think or just a simple 'interested' would be great. If we can get 10 stocks (or more) then we will knuckle down and get a firm method in place to get them over there before fall, step one get feedback and an idea of how many are interested!

Also if you after one of the other stock models, eg an F Class stock, please let us know and we will try and accomodate you with this group buy.

Finally, you may email me directly at mark.bourne'at'precisiondefenceindustries.com, I'm the Aerospace Engineer behind these stocks so happy to answer any and all technical questions as I know some people tend to prefer direct questions and answer rather than a forum format, no such thing as a stupid question.

Me: Took the T3 Superlight out in a bolly... - Precision Defence Industries | Facebook

Regards,
Bourney

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I own six tikkas. The only thing I hate about them is the stock. Can you post some close-up pictures of the stock?

Last edited:

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
That's a pretty good deal for everything when you consider that you get the replacement bolt knob and front rail. I have custom stocks on all my Tikkas right now but if I end up with another one while this is still going I'll be very interested in a stock.

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Sorry for the delay, We just received the Athlon scopes here in Australia and have become dealers, very decent for the price, I'll get some closeups taken today.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Luke, did I tell you Tikka 5 round magazines are available for long and short rounds now ?

No but the end goal if I bought a "lunker" ;) Tikka T3 300 win mag would likely have my single feeding anyways ;)

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
I'm in. Do we get a choice on color?

Any colour you like as long as its Black ;), out of curiousity what colour would you prefer? The textured epoxy never plays well with different colours. We have tried and failed at that, We could paint them though?

Also sorry about the lack of photo's, I will get to it, just well... on a personal aside this happened, shed, and a self contained unit attached to the shed, plus the garage and a vehicle got squashed so I've been a bit distracted and will have to cancel my US trip, others are still going but unfortunately I will not make SHOT :(

Thankfully it missed the house and no one was staying over at the time, we got very lucky in a way.

View attachment 45249
View attachment 45250

Last edited:
OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Wasn't he working on some flush mounted mags as well?

Not sure, But I'll follow it up as that would be great.

Uploading an overview video now, I'll let the forum know once its up, Mods how do I embed video? Also, the stocks do free float the barrel, quick demo vid that I almost forgot to do so will append on full video once it is up:

[video=youtube;MFOpS54yAoo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOpS54yAoo[/video]

Last edited:

Jon Boy

WKR
I'd be interested in one with out the action screws and bolt handle/knob. Already have the bolt handle and knob and my action screws were bored out for remington size action screws. Shoot me a price for that.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Mark, will you guys have a stock at Shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
Mark, will you guys have a stock at Shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this stage, not sure, stocks went but they got shipped from LAX, I was meant to be organising a lot of the show and tell but due to a large tree (previous post has pics) I had to cancel my trip, too much too do here unfortunately. I'll find out if an extra went... but it was my responsibility so not sure. I'll hopefully get a trip to the US to make up for this cancellation as I have other things to do stateside.

In the meantime, here is a overview video which will hopefully answer some questions:

[video=youtube_share;OCFgtt7HHR8]https://youtu.be/OCFgtt7HHR8[/video]

Clarktar

WKR
If you could do a few left handed versions, I would be interested in one. Don't need the front rail but if that is the only way to get in on the deal then so be it.

OP
B

Bourney

FNG
I'd be interested in one with out the action screws and bolt handle/knob. Already have the bolt handle and knob and my action screws were bored out for remington size action screws. Shoot me a price for that.

We will probably switch it up to allow multiple variations as it seems that will be the only way to get the group buy done at a competitive price when export costs are included. Price, we will sit down and let the thread now what we come up with.

If you could do a few left handed versions, I would be interested in one. Don't need the front rail but if that is the only way to get in on the deal then so be it.

Left handed is easy, its a one button press between a left hand inlet and right. So we will add the left handed version, I'll be creating a new page on our website with a full list of options for this group buy now I think.

Clarktar

WKR
Great, post a link in this thread when you do.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk