Peak 44 rifle stocks

Marshfly

WKR
These look interesting but they are going to need to offer more options to be more competitive with others like Manners and AG Composites.

What makes it a no for me right now is the lack of options to add flush cups. I have no desire to have sling studs installed. Other options like ARCA and picatinny rails should be offered as well.

At the asking price they don’t bring enough to the table in comparison other than lighter weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
They also have a huge contract with Weatherby whom keeps adding more and more of their stocks to new rifle models so I'd assume the aftermarket sales are a small portion of their total sales. They are going to build what Weatherby wants and we simply get to ride along.

A lot of us don't use slings at all and shoot mostly off packs also.

Marshfly

WKR
To add to above, with both Weatherby and Peak 44 being located in Sheridan, I would not be surprised to learn the Weatherby has some ownership interest in Peak 44.

KU_Geo

WKR
A blacktooth stock show up a few days ago for a tikka with proof sendero barrel. Inlet is perfect and I like the stock ergos. They forgot to send the recoils lug but CS was prompt in correcting that. Bedding this week and off to the range for some testing.

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
A blacktooth stock show up a few days ago for a tikka with proof sendero barrel. Inlet is perfect and I like the stock ergos. They forgot to send the recoils lug but CS was prompt in correcting that. Bedding this week and off to the range for some testing.
Did you weigh the stock? I assume it’s still in the 19-20 oz range. They just bumped the price online $40 or $50 don’t recall exactly the cost they were charging a few weeks ago.

huntnful

WKR
I have a Peak 44 Bastion that should be arriving any time for a 6 PRC build. I actually emailed them separately asking if they could just ship it with a rail up front and two left side flush cups.

They said they don’t offer that, and to just have the gunsmith do it. Obviously not a big deal, but I did think it was strange to be so far behind the times with the options.

Stock looks like a good design though. Looking forward to testing it

SDHNTR

WKR
13.5” lop. No you can’t cut down because of the shape of the recoil pad. At least that’s what the website says.
This is so confusing. Their CS said the LOP is 13”. Yet you and several others have said 13.5. I’ve tried to call a couple of times and they never pick up the phone!

SDHNTR

WKR
I have a Peak 44 Bastion that should be arriving any time for a 6 PRC build. I actually emailed them separately asking if they could just ship it with a rail up front and two left side flush cups.

They said they don’t offer that, and to just have the gunsmith do it. Obviously not a big deal, but I did think it was strange to be so far behind the times with the options.

Stock looks like a good design though. Looking forward to testing it
Please let us know the LOP when it arrives.

SDHNTR

WKR
So perhaps that is related to the confusion. The Blacktooth is 13.5” and the Bastion is 13”?

Thanks for the pics. That’s helpful.

wnelson14

WKR
It’s Extremely easy to add texturing to any stock with some marine Tex or JB weld epoxy. Here is a Bastion. I will say there stocks bare are less slick then stockys carbon but not by much.

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpeg
    IMG_2278.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2279.jpeg
    IMG_2279.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 35

SDHNTR

WKR
It’s Extremely easy to add texturing to any stock with some marine Tex or JB weld epoxy. Here is a Bastion. I will say there stocks bare are less slick then stockys carbon but not by much.
How exactly did you do that with epoxy?

wnelson14

WKR
How exactly did you do that with epoxy?
More or less follow this diy link but I have done a bunch now.

Couple things I have found is the marine tex works the best, remove the tape a little before hardening so you can feather the edges in with your finger, cuts back on sanding, and use the orange rubber gloves with the dots to help the texturing. And less is more with the epoxy. You just need a thin layer, it takes some time to get used to drying/texturing because if it’s to wet it will just fall smooth, its a balance between being dry enough to stand and wet enough to stick to the glove to create the texture.

SDHNTR

WKR
More or less follow this diy link but I have done a bunch now.

Couple things I have found is the marine tex works the best, remove the tape a little before hardening so you can feather the edges in with your finger, cuts back on sanding, and use the orange rubber gloves with the dots to help the texturing. And less is more with the epoxy. You just need a thin layer, it takes some time to get used to drying/texturing because if it’s to wet it will just fall smooth, its a balance between being dry enough to stand and wet enough to stick to the glove to create the texture.
Excellent, thank you!

bpitcher

FNG
Another data point on LOP - my Blacktooth is a hair under 13.5" as well. Weight is 19.1oz.

SDHNTR

WKR
Someone from Peak 44 actually answered the phone today. I asked for confirmation on length of pull. They confirmed that the blacktooth is 13 1/4 to 13 1/2 inches. The Bastian is 13 to 13 1/4. I asked why the difference, and the guy could not answer that question.

Those of you with the Bastion (and of average height/size), does it feel short?