Permanent box blinds

ZipsNLbs

FNG
Let’s see some of the permanent “elevated “ blinds y’all have made ! . This one’s about 90% done . Built it for the wife it’s 8x12 ! It’s got propane heat . I hung up a Dewalt battery powered fan to move the air around , AAA powerd lights with a remote . Humidity in it has been a issue so I’ve been using the fan on it’s lowest setting a big Dewalt battery (5ah I think ) and a couple damprid buckets it’s been working like a charm ! It’s got 5 deer view windows in it . Tried using cheap interior door for it but it’s showing mildew as I expected . Gonna find a clearance or used metal exterior door . Other than that it’s pretty sweet ! IMG_1072.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3370.jpeg
    IMG_3370.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 90
OP
Z

ZipsNLbs

FNG
I’m out here pinching pennies to pay for club memberships, fuel for scouting, decoys, tags and points, and enough shotshell to last me through waterfowl season. I don’t have money for custom built heated humidity controlled deer blinds with a casting couch.
Quit shooting that TSS shot !!! Lol I got 1000 into this had the rest of the materials from work ! Did I mention it’s fully insulated 🤣

OP
Z

ZipsNLbs

FNG
I hear that . Archery opens tommrow for us . Week straight of 80’s .. sucks .. but im with you . I never sit still long enough to get cold . Have killed 95% of all my bucks on foot vs sitting . But … happy wife .. happy .. hunting for me 🤘🏻🤪

OP
Z

ZipsNLbs

FNG
Heck yeah ! I got a shit load of the foam board insulation from work r-5 I doubled that up in the walls used r-25 Bat n roll for the floor and ceiling ! LOOks good buddy ! If it was mine I would have those same chairs as you

OP
Z

ZipsNLbs

FNG
Why the couch? I’ve never shot off a couch so curiously why the couch.
It won’t be shot off . Got it for 100$ at big lots lol . We do a lot of fox/bobcat and coyote hunting so just something comfortable to sit / nap on through the over night sits

Heck yeah ! I got a shit load of the foam board insulation from work r-5 I doubled that up in the walls used r-25 Bat n roll for the floor and ceiling ! LOOks good buddy ! If it was mine I would have those same chairs as you
I’ve got some 1/2” foam boards I’ll use on the walls. Used pressure treated boards and wanted them to dry out first. Got a buddy heater and urinal as well. Makes those all day sits a little more bearable.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
Bilt this mostly from used lumber I had most expensive thing was the windows found the steel in Menards bargin bin

Attachments

• IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    479.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2226.jpeg
    IMG_2226.jpeg
    530.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    479.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2226.jpeg
    IMG_2226.jpeg
    530.1 KB · Views: 20
OP
Z

ZipsNLbs

FNG
Bilt this mostly from used lumber I had most expensive thing was the windows found the steel in Menards bargin bin
That’s nice bud ! I’m gonna steal the metal roof idea for the exterior walls . I just used 1/2 “ non treated then hit it all with that Asphault like fence post paint to kinda water proof it had a few buckets of it in the shed seems to be keeping the squirrels and porcupines from gnawing on it