Petition - OTC for Colorado Residents

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think we should have a petition for in state residents to pay the same fee as out of state residents when they hunt on Federally owned lands.
I would pay more, but that argument comes up all the time and gets shot down as quickly as it comes up......because we aren't hunting "land"........we're hunting state-owned wildlife.

ladogg411

Lil-Rokslider
I would pay more, but that argument comes up all the time and gets shot down as quickly as it comes up......because we aren't hunting "land"........we're hunting state-owned wildlife.

It's not true, but I saw a CPW commissioner make that very same argument. That NRs are owed something because so much of the land being hunted is federal land.

Of course, the commissioners might really be servicing outfitter and tourism interests. But try to disguise those interests by talking about federal land.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Conrad read the law pertaining to that, settled by congress.
States manage the wildlife, not the feds.

Good luck cnelk, sounds like residents are getting fed up down there too.
You’re wasting your time. Some people just don’t get it. You can hike and camp in national forest all you want. If you want to hunt animals, OWNED AND MANAGED BY THE STATE, you have to play by the states rules. It’s a simple concept, but for some reason it’s just too difficult for people to understand.

amassi

WKR
Signed shared good job on taking initiative
May want to reach out to howl for wildlife, I believe they’re on here. They’ve got a wide reach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
You’re wasting your time. Some people just don’t get it. You can hike and camp in national forest all you want. If you want to hunt animals, OWNED AND MANAGED BY THE STATE, you have to play by the states rules. It’s a simple concept, but for some reason it’s just too difficult for people to understand.
Except for Native Americans. It looks like the Herrera effect in Wyoming might be trickling down to Colorado.

For federal land, there needs to be a nation wide application process to access it, with strict limits on how many can access it at any given time. This way we all have a fair chance to utilize our federal lands.

Rich M

WKR
I grew up where licenses were bought over the counter, only select areas had a draw. Can see the benefits to both.

As a NR, I don't just jump in the car and drive 30 hrs to go elk hunt, show up and buy a tag. Looking at it thru my eyes, applying for a tag when planning the trip isn't a big stretch for NR hunters in this case.

Last edited: