Phoenix area electrician needed

kvw4x4

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys. Looking for an electrician in the Avondale area just west of Phoenix. Need a 50 amp breaker installed and power ran about 150 feet across the house to pool heater. Possible power ran for a hot tub too. Pm or text 3608153198 if you or someone you would recommend could help me out that would be sweet
Thanks Kevin

Sherman

WKR
This would be very simple to do yourself and will cost you less than $100. PM me if you want me to walk you through it.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
This would be very simple to do yourself and will cost you less than $100. PM me if you want me to walk you through it.
Ya, actually pretty simple DIY project. I would think$100 is way on the low end with the cost of copper wire these day. I'm thinking you are talking #2 solid wire, maybe larger depending on amps. probably better than $600.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Copper wire for true 50 amp 240V breaker and 150 feet is gonna be #6 stranded, and you need two hots, neutral, and ground. So 300+ feet of number 6 stranded and conduit plus fittings and the breaker. Then time to run it, connect it, test it. Etc.

This is closer to $1,000 than $100 dude. Just in materials.

Sherman

WKR
Just checked the pricing. At our local electrical supply you can get 150’ #2 al triplex for $415. Way cheaper than copper and will carry the load just fine. Chances are your actual house service isn’t much larger that #2 stranded al.

I can get the wire for free and didn’t calculate that cost, so the $500-$600 range is pretty accurate.

Sherman

WKR
If you know a lineman (like myself) ask them if they have any abandoned or scrap pieces that fit the bill. We are wrecking stuff out constantly that is in perfect condition or scrapping the remainders of large spools of wire. If you live near an REA, they may be able to sell it to you cheaper than an electrical supple store as well.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I know you are talking Az. but aluminum wire was band in Cal. a few years back. I'm not certain if that is still in effect. The problem was, there were lots of jobs done on the cheap with less than qualified electrician and things were not done right. loose connection corroded and caused fires. I worked on several jobs that were being rewired with copper.

Sherman

WKR
Tight connection coated with penetrox to prevent corroding will last a lifetime. I was a lineman in California for 15 years at the largest utility in the state and 99% of service install is with aluminum conductor. What happens after the meter is a different story. The 1% that was not aluminum were large commercial customers that needed more ampacity than the largest aluminum conductor could offer.

A loose connection regardless of conductor type will cause arcing. Aluminum does corrode more easily than copper, but not under tight connections with an anti-corrosive agent like penetrox.