Phoenix next week any options for hunting / fishing

Just booked a last minute long weekend in Phoenix with my wife. I like to try and hunt or fish on these things when I can (fishing tends to be easier on short trips of course).

Generally guided has been the better choice given lack of time, traveling with significant gear, etc. and not super worried about cost for something cool.

I know it's a flyer at this point and google makes me think there isn't anything, but does anyone have experience or suggestions near Phoenix at all?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You could try to fly fish the salt river, not sure what’s in there though. There’s a few lakes around Mesa, might be able to fish those. Again, no idea what is in them.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
If your on the west side of the valley take a look at Bartlett lake and if you to the east theres a chain of lakes starting with Saguaro lake up to lake Roosevelt. Roosevelt lake has better access then the lower lakes which really need a boat to fish them.

OP
tylorklein
Thanks all! Quail was the first thing that came to mind, but it seems like the phoenix area isn't really the part of the state to be in for that.

Lake Roosevelt and Pleasant, lots of ponds in city parks, etc that you can fish (with proper licenses).

Don’t have to go far to hunt quail from Phoenix. I hunt quail 45-60 minutes from my house. Same thing with predators. Same places you can shoot cottontail and jackrabbit.

Norm555

WKR
Quail or predators would probably be the best option for around Phoenix. I think there’s plenty of quail surrounding the Phoenix area

Jgriff

FNG
Lots of quail roaming around and living in some of the more affluent areas. Doubt the multi million dollar homeowners would mind you stopping and shooting a few!

Our son goes to college there. There isn't much right near Phoenix. If you go an hour or so north or east you might have some opportunity for outdoor activities. I'm going out in the 14th but not going to have any time for fun.

svivian

WKR
Lake pleasant for large mouth and striped bass. They have an awesome marina with bar and restaurant

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Huh?
Arizona has arguably the best elk and deer hunting in the US.…plus bears, Javelina and predators.

Archery deer season is open next week in many OTC units…

I’m talking about the Phoenix area. It is absolutely insufferable and terrible there.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
For a top 5 city in the country it’s honestly really well done.

I wouldn’t want to live in Phoenix or the big suburbs personally but having it as my closest major city is fantastic.

I have family there, it’s just crazy that you can drive 75mph on a freeway for 45 minutes and still be in Phoenix. Then the summers there are just brutal. People get up at like 3 am to go hiking and stuff.

OP
tylorklein
Hoping I can make something on lake pleasant work logistically. Quail would be ideal but flying in so lack of vehicle is limiting.. thanks everyone for the input.