Phone Lock box

Has anyone used a portable phone lock box that has a timer on it? I can find some that are good for at home but not for taking with, when I go study and not at home. I have my alerts pretty much all turned off and all social media removed. But still have a lot of messages coming through.

My phone with case measures 6.375" x 3.44" x 0.69".

Additionally anyone know how to lock yourself out of instagram and Facebook and still have access to messenger?

Will_m

WKR
Just delete the social media apps. They weren’t doing anything for you other than making you get on a forum to ask others about a box to help you practice self control.

OP
F
iPhone or android?
iPhone
I think it's called self control. There's also an on/ off button that works pretty good
I agree but use the phone as a timer to start and stop study sessions and breaks.
Just delete the social media apps. They weren’t doing anything for you other than making you get on a forum to ask others about a box to help you practice self control.
I have not had any social media apps on my phone for 2 years. It is more of the messages that get sent back and forth about class work and life. Trying to lock the social media out from being able to see it from a computer.

BBob

WKR
Why not use the built in and customizable focus modes of the iPhone to do what you want? That's what they are there for. I use Focus Keeper timer app to keep my ADHD on track and one of the phone focus modes to block everything else while I'm in Focus time.
IMG_2702.png

Search on Amazon "ySky Portable Smart Auto Phone Timer Lock Box for iPhone and Android Phones"

Will_m

WKR
Now that I got my virtue signaling asinine comment out of the way…my suggestion would be airplane mode.

BBob

WKR
Search on Amazon "ySky Portable Smart Auto Phone Timer Lock Box for iPhone and Android Phones"
Now I know what a phone lock box is. Kids yeah but as an adult? Man oh man I thought I could get distracted but not so bad that I would have to physically lock myself out of my phone :ROFLMAO:

Beyond deleting the Facebook app, within the screen time settings you can also lock certain websites from opening in your browser on an iphone. Can also only allow a certain amount of time on a particular website per day. FB messenger will still work without the FB app, and with the website blocked.

Yoder

WKR
Now that I got my virtue signaling asinine comment out of the way…my suggestion would be airplane mode.
No, it's completely retarded. You were right. Always trust your first instinct.

def90

WKR
Just turn your phone off or leave it at home while you go to the coffee shop to study.

Many of us grew up in the day when you didn't have a phone in your pocket and we all had rich social lives and survived

OP
F
Just turn your phone off or leave it at home while you go to the coffee shop to study.

Many of us grew up in the day when you didn't have a phone in your pocket and we all had rich social lives and survived
Well, not going to coffee shops to study. Usually hidden away in a study room or in office at home alone. I grew up in that time without having cell phones and actually having a social life. The nursing program I am in now doesn't really allow for much social interaction. Most of my days are spent in class, studying, doing projects, or prep work for the NCLEX. So yes social media is about my only other form of socialization outside of classes. It is easy to get sucked into when you don't have anywhere else to be or the things that you want to do will take more time than you have available to do them. This semester has started off as the hardest to stay off social media due to having seniorities and just wanting to be done with the program.

Thanks to everyone that has given was to limit my time without buying a lock box.

def90

WKR
Well, not going to coffee shops to study. Usually hidden away in a study room or in office at home alone. I grew up in that time without having cell phones and actually having a social life. The nursing program I am in now doesn't really allow for much social interaction. Most of my days are spent in class, studying, doing projects, or prep work for the NCLEX. So yes social media is about my only other form of socialization outside of classes. It is easy to get sucked into when you don't have anywhere else to be or the things that you want to do will take more time than you have available to do them. This semester has started off as the hardest to stay off social media due to having seniorities and just wanting to be done with the program.

Thanks to everyone that has given was to limit my time without buying a lock box.

So turn it in to a reward then. 10 minutes online for every hour of study time. There are apps that will do this.

OP
F
So turn it in to a reward then. 10 minutes online for every hour of study time. There are apps that will do this.
I set my total daily limits. If I burn all the time in the morning that is fine. It will force me to find other things to do on my study breaks. Maybe get a few more exercises in or miles walked.