Picking a Cerakote color

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Between not being a big fan of the stainless look and wanting a little more corrosion protection from our wonderful Gulf Coast atmosphere, I'm going to have my T3x SL barreled action cerakoated when I get it threaded. Before I go coat yet another rifle with my usual boring graphite black, what does the hive mind think would be a good color to go with the octane o2 camo stock?

IMG_2696.jpg

slowelk

WKR
I have my tikka sl 30-06 cerakoted in "tactical gray" which is just a matte gray, and my tikka sl in 6.5 is matte black. Both are in the original, unpainted stock. I'd go with a color that goes with anything and black or gray seem to fit that bill. The gray has more of a gritty feeling to it than the black which is very smooth, but doesn't seem as durable since I've already scuffed some off on the bolt handle.

colersu22

WKR
I did magpul flat dark earth on my t3x

Attachments

• 4BE9E40B-20B7-472E-BAEE-FC0A74C93275.jpeg
    4BE9E40B-20B7-472E-BAEE-FC0A74C93275.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: XLR

Doghed

WKR
I've had two superlites cerakoted. The first was FDE using the H series and turned out very nice. The second was done in the earth color using the newer elite series. Definitely a noticeable difference in reduced friction while working the bolt with the elite series.
As far as color, I agree with XLR. Choose one of the colors in the stock.

I’d go with a color that’s in the stock.
Go with the color that’s the least prominent in the stock. It will match and be somewhat of a contrast.

OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Alright, time to resurrect this one since I finally got off my ass and ordered swatches. I was very impressed with the E-series coatings I saw over the course of the last year, so I focused heavily on what was available there. Apologies for both the marginal lighting and me being incapable of keeping the swatch order the same from one picture to the other.

IMG_1345.jpg
IMG_1346.jpg

Colors are (in floor picture, left to right):
  • E-120 Elite Smoke
  • E-160 Concrete
  • H-247 Desert Sage
  • E-140 Elite Jungle
  • E-150 Elite Sand
  • E-130 Elite Earth
  • H-204 Hazel Green
  • E-200 Elite FDE
Will possibly order another few swatches since I forgot to include the Light Sand and Desert Sand that XLR advised

Rusty85

WKR
I’m partial to elite series smoke or sniper Grey. But I’m kind of fifty shades of gray kinda guy. JK lol.