pinhead size "somethings" in a 20 x 60 swaro eye piece

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

I just purchased used 65mm atm swaro with a 20x60. The guy I bought it from said everything was perfect.... Well when I got the scope there is a few pin sized dots somewhere on the eye piece. I cant find them on the outer lense (s) anywhere but can see them when I look through it. I have cleaned it thoroughly and they are still there. Any ideas what they are and what to do about it?

Lorne

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Send it in for service if it bothers you and you can't find it on the external part of the lens

Cindy

FNG
Did you remove the eyepiece and clean the other side of the eyepiece and the other side of the body?
If you have cleaned all four surfaces, and they are still there, email Swarovski and they will give you a return authorization.
Should only take two weeks to get it back.

OP
L

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Did you remove the eyepiece and clean the other side of the eyepiece and the other side of the body?
If you have cleaned all four surfaces, and they are still there, email Swarovski and they will give you a return authorization.
Should only take two weeks to get it back.

Yes cindy, cleaned all four surfaces. I just emailed them., thanks for your help. Yogi's just opened and I don't really want to send my spotter in right now lol

OP
L

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to give an update on this. The service at swaro is unreal (as im sure anyone that owns or has had to use it knows). I called 2.5 weeks ago and explained my problem, the lady said this is their busy season so expect 5-8 weeks wrap it up and she would email me some labels for shipping. Yes they even paid the shipping.... She said if its a defect in the optics, they will either fix it or replace it, if its my fault it will be $130ish. So i printed the labels and shipped it that day.

Today fed ex showed up with a brand new eye piece. So to recap

They sent me a brand new $500 eye piece.
They paid the shipping both ways.
The turn around time was 2.5 weeks.

Unbelievable and the best service i can ever remember from anyone!

Jason

FNG
I have something similar in my Swaro. It looks like a fine mist of little water droplets. I rarely notice it though, light has to be just right for me to see them. The glass is pristine. I wonder if I have the same thing you mentioned?

OP
L

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I have something similar in my Swaro. It looks like a fine mist of little water droplets. I rarely notice it though, light has to be just right for me to see them. The glass is pristine. I wonder if I have the same thing you mentioned?

Sounds like it. They never said what it was. just replaced it