Podcast topics

Do you remember the name of it? I went looking for it the other day and couldn’t find it.

I listen to them while working and everyone in the office was looking at me weird on that one. I laughed so hard.

I don’t remember it’s so hard to keep track 😂 @robby denning @Jordan Budd help me out here, I might listen again as it is priceless.

Robby has a bunch more great stories I’ll get him to tell next time I’m on with him 😂😂

I don’t think he’s told the story about his camper passing him on highway has he?

Do a podcast on how to stay disciplined mentally during a hunt that isn't meeting your expectations. It is easy for everyone to be motivated going into every hunting season or a hunt but that is where I think most people fail at harvesting, is when that motivation quickly disappears and you have to rely on discipline to make it happen through the hard times.

I would attribute my archery success in deer and elk hunting to discipline and embracing the grind, I think if people could figure out how to do that success rates would go up a lot. I believe the majority of consistently successful hunters would agree that it is at the top of the list for success.

Of course I think that there is a difference when you are hunting a general tag unit or hunting a premium LE tag though.

sndmn11

WKR
I think it would be cool if brands came on the short podcast to talk through specific products, even more specifically, points that "we" have brought up.

I learn a lot when I talk to brands while doing reviews. I think there is some cool stuff that brands are doing that is right up the Rokslider alley, but "we" do a good job of running their participation right into the toilet. The podcast invite might be a more controlled environment, and more efficient for them from a time standpoint.

-in a Maven thread people seem to have a chip on their should let about Maven not addressing something
-Stockys on their process for working through the rokstock
-Kifaru about their design goals
-Hoffman, Lathrop, Schnees, round table
-Tract on their thoughts about testing riflescopes
-grab a few bowstrings makers
-grab a few archery coaches

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it would be cool if brands came on the short podcast to talk through specific products, even more specifically, points that "we" have brought up.

I learn a lot when I talk to brands while doing reviews. I think there is some cool stuff that brands are doing that is right up the Rokslider alley, but "we" do a good job of running their participation right into the toilet. The podcast invite might be a more controlled environment, and more efficient for them from a time standpoint.

-in a Maven thread people seem to have a chip on their should let about Maven not addressing something
I have started to incorporate some of that this year. I have a bunch of invites out there.

If you have particular companies and questions you can email [email protected] and I'll reach out to them.

Also when your at the shows and wherever else visiting with your favorite brands tell them you like to listen to them on the Rokcast. Sometimes we invite them and they are reluctant to commit.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry man I’m not familiar with fp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure there's a few members on here that call cats, I'll do some research.

Anyone you have in mind who would make a great guest?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Most effective methods for obtaining kitchen passes.
Yes to lion hunting. Without dogs but also I think good stories from hound hunters would be great too.

Topics I'd definitely enjoy a good 20 mins (or much more) on:

- "Muley Mythbusting" - what are some ideas you used to have about hunting mule deer that experience has taught are just not true?

- Anything dedicated to tracking

- "What's the best/worst money you've ever spent on gear?"

KBC

WKR
Moose hunting. Who is the Cory Jacobsen of moose hunting?
I had a draw last year I didn’t connect on and it was hard to find moose hunting resources like there is for deer and elk and everything else.

Agreed on this. Seems like the topics for podcasts create themselves on the forum. You can pretty much look at the threads that generate the most views and comments and if you can get whatever company it is to talk about it, the threads tell you where to go with it. Get x company on the hook and just go through the thread with them and have them comment on the things that people want to know. Takes the guesswork out of what customers are looking for on the companies end, and educates people looking to purchase. Win win.

Sorry man I’m not familiar with fp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha I forget sometimes I’m not typing to buddies.

FP=Foxpro It’s pretty decent for predator hunting. The Eastmans predator pros is also good with Geoff. Geoff went over how he calls bobcats and I like the approach for lions.

CorbLand

WKR
I don’t remember it’s so hard to keep track 😂 @robby denning @Jordan Budd help me out here, I might listen again as it is priceless.

Robby has a bunch more great stories I’ll get him to tell next time I’m on with him 😂😂

I don’t think he’s told the story about his camper passing him on highway has he?
I think I have heard it but don’t remember if it was on a podcast or where.

Is there any other idea out there?

Here are a couple more that might be of interest:

- Ageing mule deer from a distance/how to guestimate age through glass (ie back sway, brisket, nose, etc)

- Where to start your muley hunt: forest vs high desert (how you might approach a forested hunt vs a high desert hunt)

- Mule deer escapement - understanding how big muleys have escape routes from their beds, and how to look for those routes when glassing

- Which Side of the Mountain? Understanding where mule deer prefer to bed and feed on a mountain's slopes

I'd like to see another segment on CWD with @robby denning and Toby from IFG . The new Idaho regs are out and they have added units to the mandatory testing and to the transport list.

It would be interesting to have something on out-west necessities. Things that we absolutely need to be successful in the woods. IE: chainsaw, tire chains, emergency kits, etc.